• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chalk replaces Gloves as the New Sledges!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chalk replaces Gloves as the New Sledges!

Well having focused on being a full time Amazon seller this year, everybody is buying stuff online except sledges (which luckily I dont have)

Just as the pandemic kicked off, Amazon stopped taking non-essentials into their warehouse which meant I got stuck with loads and loads of toys at home and in the lockup. I immediately got a courier up and running and have been shipping out of the house for the past 5/6 weeks until Amazon opened up again.

A week before lockdown I sourced 1500 Boxes of Latex gloves which made a nice profit and then last week I realised that people on facebook groups were asking for chalk as there was none in the shops. So I looked at my suppliers and on one website they had an advert for chalk with no pictures, so no-body had bought it.

I bought the entire lot, three pallets, 1.5 tonnes of prime A grade childrens chalk for £3k which is now in the top 10 on Amazon & selling like hotcakes and will return me a £7k profit. £500 so far this morning and it's only 9.30

Now I wonder what's going to replace the chalk?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Nice one.

It's interesting how random stuff suddenly becomes the thing everyone wants.

Comment

Round my way everyone seems to be knitting and they're all complaining about the lack of wool. I wouldn't suggest taking my neighbours' strange habits as a basis for your future business plan though, I wouldn't want you stuck with a warehouse full of the stuff.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Sounds like a massive PITA. I guess it’s more scalable than consultancy, but I think I’ll stick with that

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Sounds like a massive PITA. I guess it’s more scalable than consultancy, but I think I’ll stick with that
          Yep, dealing with the idiot public, no thanks.

"I ordered blue chalk, you sent green"

"No, the chalk is blue"

"No it's green"

"It's blue"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Yep, dealing with the idiot public, no thanks.

"I ordered blue chalk, you sent green"

"No, the chalk is blue"

"No it's green"

"It's blue"

Then they return a box of broken bits of blue chalk, smashed to smithereens.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Nice one.

It's interesting how random stuff suddenly becomes the thing everyone wants.
              But why in God's name does everyone want chalk all of a sudden?!

I can only imagine it may be for marking off six foot spaces on the floor in shops. But all the shops I've seen are using labels with arrows.

edit: Ah, it's for kids to play with. OK, that makes sense.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                But why in God's name does everyone want chalk all of a sudden?!

I can only imagine it may be for marking off six foot spaces on the floor in shops. But all the shops I've seen are using labels with arrows.

edit: Ah, it's for kids to play with. OK, that makes sense.
                Didn't you scribble all over the pavements, your garden and school playground with chalk when you were a child?

I remember that OAPs always thought it was lovely, but middke aged adults called you a vandal .
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Pies
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Pies
                    I think I've had my fill of them

Comment

Working...
                    X