• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bitcoin ramblings

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Raised it by selling his shares in Heathrow Thistle, right before they signed a massive long term contract and Thistle shares went through the roof.
    He should've signed a waiver to never attend the hotel again and then published it on TripAdvisor. Shares would've gone to the moon.

Comment

Little to do with this thread but I feel good talking about it so will do.

A long time ago , bought 6.22 bitcoins for £50 because it was becoming a buzzword and I wanted to learn what it was all about.

Some time later my hard drive crashed and I tried to get the exchange I bought them from to assist. They are long gone but were called Intersango.

They were willing to help if I could find the bank details I used with the date and time I made the transaction.

I couldn't , was too lazy to find the details, Intersango then disapeared and I lost it all.

The reason for this post is , I sometimes lament that I have lost £44000 pounds (Todays figure ) but the wife keeps saying I lost £50.

What do you think? How much did I lose?

Comment

Not as much as this guy

Man lost $127 million worth of bitcoin and city won’t let him look

The internet is fully of similar stories (probably all regurgitated from the same story).

But, going by scooters's logic, since you never actually sold them, you've not lost anything. Go tell that to your wife!!!
        Last edited by Paralytic; 4 May 2020, 15:21.

Comment

Originally posted by rnsuk View Post

What do you think? How much did I lose?
          £50 but gained a priceless lesson. Think of it that way and you'll be able to sleep at night. Anything else and it will just drag you down for no reason.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            A number of people that were following your crypto thread back in the day for a start, and then there are the ones that stayed silent. Some of them posted about it as they've hung on to your coat tails. PC and his pension for one and there were plenty of others. It strikes me as a typical trait of people like you that evangelise all this and then conveniently forget the people you damage on the journey.

The AMD thread is completely different. AtW has been very careful in his wording and has been a report of his journey and facts. The most bigging up of the stock he's done is in reply to your comments oddly. He's not offered advice once which you have done endlessly even though you attempt to deny it.

That's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever read. Are you really that deluded? That's all it's been about. The evidence is there in black and what. A year+ of graphs, where it's heading, endless missed targets yadda yadda.

I'm very aware people like you exist in the investing world, so far up their own bums they can't see daylight anymore. The ones that produce the spammy websites to buy their books or subscribe to their almost evangelical musings but never had to suffer one to this extent. Gotta say it doesn't paint you in a good light at all. Your delusion of grandeur, misguided passions and blinkered single minded approach is pretty eye opening, but not in a good way.

We already have a crypto thread which contains exactly the bollox that is going on in here so why do we need another?

You're just trolling and you know it.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Fair play, but what date and time did you take out that position?

Current price 8695 compared to chart price posted 2nd May suggests a paper loss of $9000 at the moment, yes?

-€17k at the minute. But I don't care, cause it is money I can afford to lose. Indeed I don't for minute to minute day to day price swings because at I know where this is going.

Money is a very emotional topic, it brings our the worst and best. And far too many folks are treating this like a get rich quick scheme.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                You're just trolling and you know it.
                I'll take that as a compliment from one as skilled as you are.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  I don't think even Scooter would be crazy enough to plop $674k on bitcoin.

Well that was yesterday - like a lifetime ago in Bitcoin world.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Scooter never makes a loss, to him it's only a loss if you sell something at a loss.
                    I bought the CNA shares just to show you how its done. I've really no interest in equities, especially now. Remember 98% of folks out there will not be able to do this. They are chasing get rich quick idea.

Of course when I sell them at a profit it'll be 'he was lucky' or 'he has fiddle the numbers, he made it up' I don't care what the fictitious narrative is, losers are always whining, winners go home and $£@@ the prom queen.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      And far too many folks are treating this like a get rich quick scheme.
                      Yes, excellent point, it's more like a get poor quick scheme. You could trademark that and asterisk it when you provide investment advice.

Comment

Working...
                      X