• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you download the app?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you think medical research (including the research into finding a COVID-19 vaccine) works?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

NHS is all very noble and all, but I don't trust this Government enough with this kind of data.

So for that reason, I'm out.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        NHS is all very noble and all, but I don't trust this Government enough with this kind of data.

Agree. Would like to be able to download it, but simply don't trust it (not just this gov't, but any gov't who proposed something like this).

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Agree. Would like to be able to download it, but simply don't trust it (not just this gov't, but any gov't who proposed something like this).
          Same. ****'em.
          ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
          Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

I support the NHS, but I would't trust the NHS with the data. Some idiot would try to sell it on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              How do you think medical research (including the research into finding a COVID-19 vaccine) works?
              With patient consent.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                With patient consent.
                Ish, although there is an anomaly in law that you don't have to give the NHS consent for secondary usages (research and planning) as this is usage is enshrined in law but you can withdraw your consent using the link above from darmstadt, (you can also withdraw your withdraw but that doesn't mean explicit consent is given)
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

But the NHSX app does use Bluetooth - BLE to be exact:

Digital contact tracing: protecting the NHS and saving lives - NHSX

....Once you install the app, it will start logging the distance between your phone and other phones nearby that also have the app installed using Bluetooth Low Energy.
                  I think for any of these apps to be successful they need something like bluetooth because GPS and cell triangulation can't pinpoint you accurately enough, or at all in multistorey buildings, subterranean environments like subways, london underground, etc.

Comment

Some on here are OK with having GCHQ,Google,Apple,Govt know where they are as long as GCHQ,Google,Apple,Govt don't tell thier wifes .

Comment

Originally posted by rnsuk View Post
                      Some on here are OK with having GCHQ,Google,Apple,Govt know where they are as long as GCHQ,Google,Apple,Govt don't tell thier wifes .
                      Yeah, and Nhs will tell yer wife when you get Corona - that’s step too far!

Comment

Working...
                      X