• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you download the app?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow - a Government agency disallowing IR35?

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Wow - a Government agency disallowing IR35?

This app is a Trojan Horse to track contractor movements and use AI to determine D&C and breach of 24 month rule. Happy to say that it is blocked win the Dutch Antilles.

Comment

Speaking of which I have designed a "Killer App" - in essence once downloaded the App connects with the ArchAngel/Galilleo Satellite Network and after a transfer/download via Bluetooth modulates a low freqeuncy plse at -0.02 ghz - this will force a change in the recepitents heamoglobin blood levels the upshot being the destruction of the SARS2-COVID19 (c) virus not only with the user who performs the download- but any Mobile users in the vicinity within a 2km raidus displaying blood plama levels suggesting the presence of SARS2-COVID19 (c) virus.

There is some potential downside as you might imagine - but sometimes you have to burn the village to save it .

My proposal to the Govenement is presented with a request for an inital feasiblity study costing a competitive 3.4 billion (sorry cant remember if thats pounds or dollars) - despite the current climate I am sure you will agree that represents fantastic value for money for the hard working UK taxpayer.

There is an ongoing placebo test with some local volunteers from the ranks of the South Landarkshire Council Daleks - the outcome will then be peer reviewed by the Cult of Skaros.

Finally as you might have guessed the name of the app is "KillerApp" - perfect.

I await Dominic's response with interest.
        Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 9 May 2020, 13:07.

Comment

There is one more app idea.

Basically, you link the app with your business account. The app will listen to incoming bounce back loan. Once money has landed, the app will automatically book a one way trip to Switzerland, to one of their euthanasia centres.

By the end of year, the government would get rid of all those pesky self-employed people who are just unnecessary competition to the businesses of party donors.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Civil liberties are a pain aren't they. If only the UK were more like Vietnam.
            Only for a short time though, Civil liberties are a pain if people think "i'm alright jack" and make decisions that ultimately put people in hospital wards.

Externalism is a pain isn't it? If only the UK had its clothes, electronics etc produced, by children , or employees with no rights, in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Not heard of that. I did wonder if having Bluetooth turned on would significantly increase power consumption. Never use Bluetooth meself but I know when I've left GPS tracking apps on after me walks the battery goes flat much quicker.

PS Maybe a lower frequency would use less power. Is there a Redtooth?
              In my case no difference to battery with bluetooth. I use an Apple Watch all day, and Airpods frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Quote from an article on AppleInsider:

NHS admits contact tracing app won't work on older iPhones - General Discussion Discussions on AppleInsider Forums

“it doesn't use BTLE on iOS because to keep the app alive and broadcasting, the developers are using an unsanctioned hack to avoid Apple's 5 minute BT broadcast cutoff, which breaks out of the LE spec, increasing power usage. The workaround is that the CPU is awoken every time an Android phone emits a beacon, which resets iOS's BT beacon timeout. That is where the battery drain comes from. And since the only way this system can work is if the iOS app keeps broadcasting, the battery drain is impossible to solve without using the Apple/Google method. I don't think this app will be released as is, the dev team have been instructed to investigate the Apple/Google method, apparently. I certainly won't be using it as is.”

So the app requires Apple and Android phones. To interact. Plus power drain is inevitable. Not sounding good so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

I'm not sure my Nokia 1020 and Nokia 505 are on the release list.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I'm not sure my Nokia 1020 and Nokia 505 are on the release list.

Comment

Apparently the FBI or some intelligence outfit in the US have been using contact tracing apps to try and identify people present at Black Lives Matter riots.

So that's another reason not to contemplate using such apps: If some crime or carry on occurs nearby, then you may be among the persons of interest!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X