• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will you download the app?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have this one as of today:

Open-Source Project Corona-Warn-App

Corona-Warn-App . GitHub
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

They've abandoned their idiotic centralised approach that everybody told them wouldn't work and are now going with the correct approach everybody said they should use instead: UK virus-tracing app switches to Apple-Google model - BBC News

Could have launched a few weeks earlier if they hadn't been so obsessed with gathering people's personal data as if it was a dodgy Facebook quiz rather than a life-saving public health measure

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        They've abandoned their idiotic centralised approach that everybody told them wouldn't work and are now going with the correct approach everybody said they should use instead: UK virus-tracing app switches to Apple-Google model - BBC News

Could have launched a few weeks earlier if they hadn't been so obsessed with gathering people's personal data as if it was a dodgy Facebook quiz rather than a life-saving public health measure
        KUATB

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ut-winter.html

Comment

Well the source code for the German one is available on GitHub so presumably they can just 'nick' that...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Now hopefully they won't spend a fortune trying to reinvent the wheel when there are existing solutions they could use, like this from Shopify:

COVID Shield

Comment

It's almost as if they got Crapita to develop it...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Crapita just tarted up Suity's out of the box BPM tool.

Comment

It was a coin-toss, and I called it wrong. Turns out it was actually Serco. They have recently won the contract to empty our bins, and they're making a Royal mess of that, so I was sort of hoping they didn't have the power of life and death over every one of us. Turns out they do...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

It was a coin-toss, and I called it wrong. Turns out it was actually Serco. They have recently won the contract to empty our bins, and they're making a Royal mess of that, so I was sort of hoping they didn't have the power of life and death over every one of us. Turns out they do...

Serco didn't develop the app, they had the contract for the wider test and trace program though. The apps themselves were developed by VMWare Pivotal Labs.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                      Serco didn't develop the app, they had the contract for the wider test and trace program though. The apps themselves were developed by VMWare Pivotal Labs.
                      I would LOVE to see the the government provided fag packet that the requirements were written on. I'll bet that there was a lot of white space there...
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X