• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Smart toilet recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    FTFY
    not heard that joke then.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Get a Toto one. (had to find the photo from my room in the St Regis, Osaka)
      I have fond memories of that hotel, and the unlimited drinks happy hour - I'm not sure they were expecting quite so much damage to be done to their champagne stock.

Toto is one of the leading makers in Japan, with various other brands under them.

In the UK\EU you want to be on the lookout for washlet or shower toilet loos, Duravit is a well regarded brand and make a variety of them. Most of the time you will be buying a basic pan and then a unit designed to fit on top that does all the whizzbang. Have seen them for around £1600 or so vs the £2-3k list price. I'm not sure how long it will take you to recoup the cost of toilet paper, but one that self opens, warms, and illuminates is probably worth the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by IRMe View Post
        I have fond memories of that hotel, and the unlimited drinks happy hour - I'm not sure they were expecting quite so much damage to be done to their champagne stock.

Their Bloody Marys were pretty good, and they had a nice selection of whiskeys too. Quite enjoyed sitting at the outside bar drinking the local beers. After a skinful at Garage 39, or even just across the road at Logic.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Someday we will have multi function units combining toilet, washing machine, dishwasher, cooker, toaster, etc in one. Just press the function button. Will need very rigorous tests of course, so won't leave yer bum in the pressure cooker or whatever.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Someday we will have multi function units combining toilet, washing machine, dishwasher, cooker, toaster, etc in one. Just press the function button. Will need very rigorous tests of course, so won't leave yer bum in the pressure cooker or whatever.
            Of course, such a gadget would need a snappy name to reflect its multiple roles. "Matrix" perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

not heard that joke then.
              DOH!

I thought it was a bit of an open goal.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
              X