• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cinema tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinema tomorrow

Off to do this tomorrow evening: Social distance cinema: drive-in theatres boom – in pictures | World news | The Guardian except I've already hit a problem. The sound comes over the radio on a specific frequency but my car (BMW) turns the radio off after 20 minutes if the engine is not running which is going to be a pain...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Take a wireless with you?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Take a wireless with you?
      I take it you mean a battery powered radio, how many people have one of those nowadays? Actually going to the shops to buy one today as a backup....
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Off to do this tomorrow evening: Social distance cinema: drive-in theatres boom – in pictures | World news | The Guardian except I've already hit a problem. The sound comes over the radio on a specific frequency but my car (BMW) turns the radio off after 20 minutes if the engine is not running which is going to be a pain...
        I have fitted an auxiliary battery with 230v inverters to both my vehicles. The main reason is to be able to stop anywhere and use a laptop and run the radio.

BTW, if you want a battery radio, many of them come with USB charging.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          I take it you mean a battery powered radio, how many people have one of those nowadays? Actually going to the shops to buy one today as a backup....
          I have one in my kitchen. Use it every day. It's mains and battery.

Comment

How can you not have a battery powered tranny? Young Danny Wilson would be very disappointed in you.

England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

We used to go to the drive in when I lived in South Africa and there you used to get a speaker to clip on to your door and a tray with all your fattening foods and drinks. How times have changed.

Comment

It was actually pretty good although every 20 minutes I had to press the on-off switch on the radio to get the sound back on. Gets you out of the house at least...

Comment

Today was a visit to the barbers so I no longer look like Tim Martin and then the record shop followed by the ice cream parlour

Comment

Working...
                  X