• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone rushing out to buy a brand new car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mrs had her eyes on a new electric Mini but maybe she'll have forgotten by the time lockdown ends.
    England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      AFAIK GT4 is manual only, plus a bit tiny
      It is manual only, 4.0L, mid-engined brute. Proper driver's car compared to the Turbo S being the automated rocket. The only car I ever regret getting rid of is my Cayman S (manual). Fantastic machine.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        It is manual only, 4.0L, mid-engined brute. Proper driver's car compared to the Turbo S being the automated rocket. The only car I ever regret getting rid of is my Cayman S (manual). Fantastic machine.
        CBA with manuals, but thanks for the info

GT3 RS tho
        Last edited by AtW; 5 May 2020, 22:26.

Comment

Audi SQ5 as soon as the lockdown is over.
          Last edited by Zigenare; 6 May 2020, 06:03.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Cayman for me next, pre-718 when they had proper flat six engines. Just because I haven't got the money to spare on a GT4.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Audi SQ5 as soon as the lockdown is over.
              Decent motors, Skodas.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Decent motors, Skodas.
                Indeed.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Decent motors, Skodas.

Reminds me of that user who was getting himself a Seat something or other, who got very upset when I pointed out his Spanish car was made at the Skoda factory.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Reminds me of that user who was getting himself a Seat something or other, who got very upset when I pointed out his Spanish car was made at the Skoda factory.
                    I don't believe that is true, Seat cars are made at the Seat car factory.

SEAT marks 10 million cars manufactured in Martorell | SEAT

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      I don't believe that is true, Seat cars are made at the Seat car factory.

SEAT marks 10 million cars manufactured in Martorell | SEAT
                      That's a Skoda factory badged as a SEAT factory.

Comment

Working...
                      X