• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone rushing out to buy a brand new car?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone rushing out to buy a brand new car?

Coronavirus: UK car sales plunge to lowest level since 1946 - BBC News

April's figure marked a 97% plunge in sales from the same month last year.

Thought not.

I you do, don't forget to buy a diesel one.

European commissioner: 'Diesel cars are finished' | Autocar
    Last edited by DimPrawn; 5 May 2020, 09:50.

You won. Get over it.

Last edited by Old Greg; 5 May 2020, 09:53.

Comment

If only there was a way we could completely ignore whatever some batty EU Commissioner says...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

With changes to road tax and stupid pricing where even cheap BMW's can cost north of £40K when optioned up I'll be sticking with my five year old diesel estate and it can just run and run Perhaps in another five years fuels like hydrogen will have decent infrastructure available and the cars won't be carrying an innovation premium then perhaps I'll change my by then old BMW

Comment

-97% Wow........it's almost like almost every car dealership in the country is closed
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Makes yer proud!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Makes yer proud!

My parents in law took their Marina to South Africa in 1976 and as far as I know its still running

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Makes yer proud!

Comment

I am

Looking forward to the dealerships reopening so I can test drive a few suitables for my renewal which is due at the end of the year.
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                    Looking forward to the dealerships reopening so I can test drive a few suitables for my renewal which is due at the end of the year.
                    End of the year will be a great time to pick up a 1 year old car that's been repo'd.

Comment

Working...
                    X