• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Taz was the one who said we needed the results per million population, since the OP mentioned Europe, I thought I'd share the figures for tests per million. Looks like Jeremy Corbyn should be held accountable for the lack of testing, if I understand the koolaid that is drunk by those who follow Cummings and his cohorts.
    So, no conclusions from you then. Perhaps you and Old Greg have the same blue and gold colouring book "Remoaning for Dummies".
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      You're not very bright, are you?

Tell us if you want a clue.
      Struggling drawing conclusions then? Try drawing your curtains, or just closing Windows.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Struggling drawing conclusions then? Try drawing your curtains, or just closing Windows.
        I'm trying to help you here. Would you like a clue?

Comment

You have this wrong. It goes like this (small words used in case Bean wants to read it):

Brexit is good.
          Brexit leaders are good.
          Good leaders do a good job.
          Brexit leaders are doing a good job on Covid-19.
          Stories that Brexit leaders are doing a bad job on Covid-19 are Fake News.

Once you've established that framework, you can apply it to anything. For example:

Originally posted by Boris Johnson
          I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands.
          There are two possibilities:

1. This was doing a good job.
          2. This never happened and is Fake News (probably the Guardian).

It doesn't matter much which possibility you choose, or even whether you stick to one or change tack.
          On the same day that the glorious leader was boostering public morale, the so-called experts advising the government were talking the country into a pandemic:

Advice from a sub-group of the government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said on 3 March that the government should “advise against greetings such as shaking hands and hugging, given existing evidence about the importance of hand hygiene”.

“A public message against shaking hands has additional value as a signal about the importance of hand hygiene,” the Independent Scientific Pandemic Influenza Group on Behaviours (SPI-B) said. “Promoting a replacement greeting or encouraging others to politely decline a proffered handshake may have benefit.”

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            So, no conclusions from you then. Perhaps you and Old Greg have the same blue and gold colouring book "Remoaning for Dummies".

My conclusion is you are clueless.

Someone asked for data, in the hope of making some point.
            I provided them with the data.
            Maybe it wasn't data that fitted their viewpoint.

It was nothing to do with the EU, you're the one who appears to be obsessed with turning everything into a battle about the EU.

You really should grow up.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Remember folks. The glorious leader is going to send this virus packing and boosterise the economy.Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe
              32,313 deaths by last Tuesday.

40,011 by today.

UK coronavirus death toll passes 40,000, official figures say | World news | The Guardian

Comment

Remember that 75-125% of the population adore Boris and unquestioningly accept everything he says as completely true.
                When they all come out of the Wetherspoons where they are having their party, that figure will go up to three hundred thousand, and thirty-four, nine hundred and seventy-four thousand*

*According to our actual home secretary, a figure ignored by the koolaid drinkers who prefer to change the subject.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

40K dead, really? Do keep up.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The number of UK deaths during the coronavirus pandemic over and above normal levels has exceeded 50,000, official figures confirmed on Tuesday.

The Office for National Statistics said that in the week ending May 1, there had been 17,953 deaths in England and Wales recorded, 8,012 higher than the average of the past five years in that week, as the disease killed three times the normal number of people in care homes.

This represented the seventh consecutive week that deaths exceeded normal levels and once equivalent figures from Scotland and Northern Ireland were included, takes total mortality across the UK during the pandemic to 50,979.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Remember that 75-125% of the population adore Boris and unquestioningly accept everything he says as completely true.
                    When they all come out of the Wetherspoons where they are having their party, that figure will go up to three hundred thousand, and thirty-four, nine hundred and seventy-four thousand*

*According to our actual home secretary, a figure ignored by the koolaid drinkers who prefer to change the subject.
                    You lost. Get over it.

Comment

With uncle that recently passed, apart from old age, he was suspected having h the virus from nothing more than a cough before passing away 48 hours later. The speed it progressed was lightening quick.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X