• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe

Remember folks. The glorious leader is going to send this virus packing and boosterise the economy.Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe

You was waiting for the number of dead to rise so you could post this, weren't you?

No doubt it's "due to Brexit"...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      You was waiting for the number of dead to rise so you could post this, weren't you?

No doubt it's "due to Brexit"...
      It's due to Brexiteers, if that's any comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Remember folks. The glorious leader is going to send this virus packing and boosterise the economy.Covid-19: British death toll now highest in Europe
        Is this a competition? When the 2nd wave hits will it be the same story? Do we just look at absolute numbers or rates per million which shows a different story? As we count a Covid death as anyone who has Covid and dies but others don't how do we compare like for like?

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
          Is this a competition? When the 2nd wave hits will it be the same story? Do we just look at absolute numbers or rates per million which shows a different story? As we count a Covid death as anyone who has Covid and dies but others don't how do we compare like for like?
          What would make you feel best about yourself?

Comment

Is this a competition?
            Yes, it's a race to the bottom.

When the 2nd wave hits will it be the same story?
            Depends on whether our glorious leaders actually learn anything from the first wave and do anything positive as a result.

As we count a Covid death as anyone who has Covid and dies but others don't how do we compare like for like?
            You say others don't, care to provide a list of countries and how they count, also include any reasons why we must ignore their figures because they lie, but our glorious leader is known for his truth, honesty and integrity.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Do we just look at absolute numbers or rates per million which shows a different story?
              You're right, let's look at tests per million in major European countries:
              Country Tests per million
              Denmark 44,497
              Portugal 44,132
              Spain 41,332
              Belgium 39,362
              Italy 36,244
              Norway 34,984
              Ireland 34,302
              Switzerland 33,092
              Austria 31,742
              Germany 30,400
              Slovenia 27,660
              Czechia 25,128
              Finland 19,185
              UK 19,026
              Slovakia 18,291
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Yes, it's a race to the bottom.

Depends on whether our glorious leaders actually learn anything from the first wave and do anything positive as a result.

You say others don't, care to provide a list of countries and how they count, also include any reasons why we must ignore their figures because they lie, but our glorious leader is known for his truth, honesty and integrity.
                You have this wrong. It goes like this (small words used in case Bean wants to read it):

Brexit is good.
                Brexit leaders are good.
                Good leaders do a good job.
                Brexit leaders are doing a good job on Covid-19.
                Stories that Brexit leaders are doing a bad job on Covid-19 are Fake News.

Once you've established that framework, you can apply it to anything. For example:

Originally posted by Boris Johnson
                I’m shaking hands continuously. I was at a hospital the other night where I think there were actually a few coronavirus patients and I shook hands with everybody, you’ll be pleased to know. I continue to shake hands.
                There are two possibilities:

1. This was doing a good job.
                2. This never happened and is Fake News (probably the Guardian).

It doesn't matter much which possibility you choose, or even whether you stick to one or change tack.

Comment

UK coronavirus death toll of 20,000 'a good outcome', says chief scientific adviser

To be fair, he didn't say that more than 20,000 deaths would be a bad outcome.

Comment

Do we just look at absolute numbers or rates per million which shows a different story?
                    Quite. The UK has the 2nd highest population in Europe, apart from Germany, and one of the highest population densities.

Population by Country (2020) - Worldometer
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X