• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus Shopping Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Working many billable days. Cutting out unneccessary spending. Building up warchest to prepare for the hard times.
    Actually, I did buy a bike last week, but technically it was MyCo using the (Irish) cycle to work scheme, and my other bike had given up the ghost after 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I've got about 4 tons of well rotted horse manure sitting in the corner of a field on Anglesey. Collect as much of it as you want!
      AAARRGH!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Next! Got a flat on my beloved Golf. The car has lasted 10 years so far and I don't want to get rid just yet, am hoping the car dealers will be desperate next year and I can get a bargain. The car has a flat so flat that I don't want to drive to the nearest garage to pump it up and I CBA getting the spare out. Much easier to buy a compressor - and not one of those poxy 12V ones, a proper one with a plug and everything. Arrived yesterday so not had time to play with it yet. Bought one with dust gun, gravity spray and tyre inflator attachments. Won't get used much but will hopefully last a long time and be well handy when required. Like I said in the OP, wanted for a long time but don't really need it!

Of course you need it, its a tool!

I only have two compressors, one for the workshop (plumbed in) and a portable 50L one for tyres etc.

I tell the wife off for all the cookware!

Miss V3 & I are busy in the kitchen garden , spinach is up. Gooseberries on the way.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          I've got about 4 tons of well rotted horse manure sitting in the corner of a field on Anglesey. Collect as much of it as you want!

If I wanted a load of horsesh.t from you, I'd just read your posts...

(please accept the above as a joke)
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Chillis

Currently growing Prarie Fire, Apache and Demon Red in 6" pots on a south-east facing windowsill. When the sun is out, they get about 6 hours per day (7am - 1pm). Not sure if that's enough?

Bought the seeds on eBay, which people had harvested from their own plants. Planted the seeds 2nd week of April, which may have been too late? They're still just tiny seedlings.

I'll post an update, on how they do, in the autumn.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              Currently growing Prarie Fire, Apache and Demon Red in 6" pots on a south-east facing windowsill. When the sun is out, they get about 6 hours per day (7am - 1pm). Not sure if that's enough?

Bought the seeds on eBay, which people had harvested from their own plants. Planted the seeds 2nd week of April, which may have been too late? They're still just tiny seedlings.

Chili plants can last years inside so you could find yourself harvesting a few chilies in winter. The only issue is you get a lower yield over time. Also if you move them inside from outside you risk bringing black fly in.

(On the plus side squirrels learn not to eat your plants.)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

Our cat knocked over the pot with the Apache, so I lost that one. The other two have done well.

I've got about twenty chillis on the Prairie Fire. They are 2cm long and oval shaped. They start off pale green then turn orange and finally red. They are pretty fiery.

The Demon Red has about forty 1.5cm chillis, mostly still green but a few turning red. Not quite as hot as the Prairie Fire but still with a good kick.

I grew them in general purpose compost, and fed them Chilli Focus liquid feed.
                Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 15 October 2020, 08:25.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  (On the plus side squirrels learn not to eat your plants.)
                  Feed them Waitrose organic wallnuts and they won't

Or else...

Comment

Working...
                  X