• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long to walk or cycle to your clients/permie office ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google maps was unable to work out how long walking or cycling to work would take but it's eight and half hours by plane, lucky I WFH most of the time...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

1hr 20 on bike according to Google.

Its on the plan to get fit enough to do it a bit faster.

We have a shower at the office so its doable.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        They're your permie colleagues. Don't talk about them like that.

3 hours 17 minutes walking. About an hour by bike. Or 10 seconds.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          1hr 20 on bike according to Google.

Its on the plan to get fit enough to do it a bit faster.

:A shower". For how many employees? Rather large queues in the morning if many turned up on bikes.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

If there is a shower in the office, then it is a warning sign that either people are paid so little, they cannot afford to bath at home or they are expected to live in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
              If there is a shower in the office, then it is a warning sign that either people are paid so little, they cannot afford to bath at home or they are expected to live in the office.
              It stops people wanking at the desk
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not really. Loads of permies cycle to my client site. There's also a gym on site. Come to think of it in the past 30 years i've been working, there's a shower on site more often than not.

Perhaps it's just you who has crap clients.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's 3500 miles so I'll probably give it a miss

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    It's 3500 miles so I'll probably give it a miss
                    No problem

Comment

Nope.

It means people can exercise to and from work so get sick less. The permies also can get bikes on the cycle to work scheme.

All offices I've worked in the last 5 years have had more than one shower. You either have to find a shower that is not used a lot - always near where the sales and marketing team is situated - or if you are male go on the loose "rota".
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X