• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay Alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    God help us all.
    When I saw that slide and the mountain graph with no X or Y axis, I knew that Sage and "the science" have been sidelined.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
      When I saw that slide and the mountain graph with no X or Y axis, I knew that Sage and "the science" have been sidelined.
      I assume they mean to convey that the 5-category warning level takes into account both the R number (the number of people that one person infects, which is not a rate) and the existing number infected. What they've done is taken a concept and passed it through a mathematical cretin filter. I think it says a lot about the parlous state of mathematical education in this country that (presumably) quite a few people laid eyes on this and saw nothing wrong (or didn't feel confident to say it).

Comment

I assume they mean to convey that the 5-category warning level takes into account both the R number (the number of people that one person infects, which is not a rate) and the existing number infected. What they've done is taken a concept and passed it through a mathematical cretin filter. I think it says a lot about the parlous state of mathematical education in this country that (presumably) quite a few people laid eyes on this and saw nothing wrong (or didn't feel confident to say it).
        It looked OK on the side of a bus.

Comment

It’s as if they are doing their best to butch it up.

Could it be that they know this will end badly so to save people time thinking they serve them some early signs of incompetence? They are afraid that if people start thinking just a little bit, they might see the hard thruths and won’t be so easily pushed around in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            It’s as if they are doing their best to butch it up.

Could it be that they know this will end badly so to save people time thinking they serve them some early signs of incompetence? They are afraid that if people start thinking just a little bit, they might see the hard thruths and won’t be so easily pushed around in the future.
            What people are going to do? It's not like there is any better government in hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I wonder how people function in daily life and in the workplace if they really had that much difficulty understanding what Boris said.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                I wonder how people function in daily life and in the workplace if they really had that much difficulty understanding what Boris said.
                How about this for an idea, why don't you explain exactly what he said?
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

How about this for an idea, why don't you explain exactly what he said?
                  There you go, it's quite simple.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...v2_WEB__1_.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Have you read it? All 60 pages?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Have you read it? All 60 pages?
                      Read, memorised and destroyed as per instructions.

Comment

Working...
                      X