• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stay Alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It has a link to make your own face mask; FFS
    What's wrong with the guidance they provide on face coverings?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      What's wrong with the guidance they provide on face coverings?
      Then how are the Tories mate's in industry going to be able to rip-off the Great British public by hiking up the prices?
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Then how are the Tories mate's in industry going to be able to rip-off the Great British public by hiking up the prices?
        Darmie, we all know you're terminally butthurt over Boris and his poor record of tractor production and confiscation of assets. I can't help you, son.

Comment

Darmie, we all know you're terminally butthurt over Boris and his poor record of tractor production and confiscation of assets. I can't help you, son.
          I take it he's one of your friends as you seem to be on first name terms with him. Are you also a pathological liar and an adulterer or do you just look up to them as role models?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I take it he's one of your friends as you seem to be on first name terms with him. Are you also a pathological liar and an adulterer or do you just look up to them as role models?
            Is that your best impression of not terminally butthurt?

Comment

Is that your best impression of not terminally butthurt?
              You seem to have an obsession with the American term 'butt', did you go to a public school?

Comment

Just so everyone’s clear:

* 4 year olds can go to school, but university students who have paid for the tuition they haven’t had and the accommodation they aren’t living in, can’t go to university.

* A teacher can go to school with many 4 year olds that they are not related to, but can’t see one 4 year old that they are related to.

* You can sit in a park, but not today or Tuesday but by Wednesday that’ll be fine.

* You can meet one person from another household for a chat or to sunbathe, but not two people so if you know two people from another household you have to pick your favourite. Hopefully, you’re also their favourite person from your household or this could be awkward. But possibly you’re not. But as I can’t go closer than 2m to the one you choose anyway you wouldn’t think having the other one sat next to them would matter - unless two people would restrict your eyeline too much and prevent you from being alert.

* You can work all day with your colleagues, but you can’t sit in their garden for a chat after work.

* You can now do unlimited exercise when quite frankly just doing an hour a day feels like you are some kind of fitness guru. I can think of lots of things that I would like to be unlimited but exercise definitely isn’t one of them.

* You can drive to other destinations, although which destinations is unclear.

* The buses are still running past your house, but you shouldn’t get on one. We should just let empty buses drive around so bus drivers aren’t doing nothing.

* It will soon be time to quarantine people coming into the country by air... but not yet. It’s too soon. And not ever if you’re coming from France because... well, I don’t know why, actually. Because the French version of coronavirus wouldn’t come to the UK maybe.

* Our youngest children go back to school first because... they are notoriously good at not touching things they shouldn’t, maintain personal space at all times and never randomly lick you.

* We are somewhere in between 3.5 and 4.5 on a five point scale where 5 is all of the virus and 1 is none of the virus but 2,3 and 4 can be anything you’d like it to be really. Some of the virus? A bit of the virus? Just enough virus to see off those over 70s who were told to self isolate but now we’ve realised that they’ve done that a bit too well despite us offloading coronavirus patients into care homes and now we are claiming that was never said in the first place, even though it’s in writing in the stay at home guidance.

* The slogan isn’t stay at home any more, so we don’t have to stay at home. Except we do. Unless we can’t. In which case we should go out. But there will be fines if we break the rules. So don’t do that.

Don’t forget...

Stay alert... which Robert Jenrick has explained actually means Stay home as much as possible. Obviously.

Control the virus. Well, I can’t even control my cats and I can actually see them. Plus I know a bit about cats and very little about controlling viruses.

Save lives. Always preferable to not saving lives, I’d say, so I’ll try my best with that one, although hopefully I don’t need telling to do that. I know I’m bragging now but not NOT saving lives is something I do every day.

So there you are. If you’re the weirdo wanting unlimited exercise then enjoy. But not until Wednesday. Obviously.

Comment

You can drive to other , although which destinations is unclear.
                  Better make sure that isn't Wales or the plod aka Heddlu will get you.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Goodness me.. so much confusion.

Instead of Stay Alert, it should have been 'Pay attention!'.
                    He even had to come on telly for a second time today to explain it slowly to all the dimwits

Comment

You seem to have an obsession with the American term 'butt', did you go to a public school?
                      Did you go to home school?

Comment

Working...
                      X