• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For everyone berating Boris you could have had Diane Abbott as Home Secretary dealing with Covid 246543 instead.

Somehow, according to the covidiots on here, Boris should be directly responsible for:
    Things that happened in 2009 (oh, wasn't that Labour in charge of buying inadequate PPE?)
    Things that happened when T-May was in No 10
    Buying inadequate PPE recently (even though it was bought directly by the NHS procurement team at The Royal Free Hospital team in London. Labour started this one and the Tories clearly didn't see a problem with it continuing until they found a cockup).
    Everything else that's turned to crap.

Ho hum, so many experts and all with 20/20 hindsight on here rather than doing something with their PhD-backed opinions and volunteering to help the government out of this. No better than Becky from Bolton, the certified Facebook Pandemic Expert.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      For everyone berating Boris you could have had Diane Abbott as Home Secretary dealing with Covid 246543 instead.

Somehow, according to the covidiots on here, Boris should be directly responsible for:
      Things that happened in 2009 (oh, wasn't that Labour in charge of buying inadequate PPE?)
      Buying inadequate PPE recently (even though it was bought directly by the NHS procurement team at The Royal Free Hospital team in London. Labour started this one and the Tories clearly didn't see a problem with it continuing until they found a cockup).
      Everything else that's turned to crap.

Ho hum, so many experts and all with 20/20 hindsight on here rather than doing something with their PhD-backed opinions and volunteering to help the government out of this.
      I'll continue to do what I can to help the NHS out of this, but by your rules, no blame at all is ever allowed to be laid at the feet of the tory party as they are perfect in every way.

Here's the review of the Swine Flu outbreak:
      Independent review into the response to the 2009 swine flu pandemic - GOV.UK

Our beloved leaders have already promised they will not have a review into CV-19.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I'll continue to do what I can to help the NHS out of this, but by your rules, no blame at all is ever allowed to be laid at the feet of the tory party as they are perfect in every way.

Here's the review of the Swine Flu outbreak:
        Independent review into the response to the 2009 swine flu pandemic - GOV.UK

Our beloved leaders have already promised they will not have a review into CV-19.
        Clearly you're struggling to read so I'll dumb it down for you:

Boris does things wrong as PM - his fault
        Things done wrong by any government when Boris not involved - not his fault

Back to chewing your crayons, there's a good boy. Leave the adults to talk.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Clearly you are chewing toxic crayons.

Things that are done wrong by the Tory party when the Tory party are in power = Tory party to blame.
          Not "but, but, but what if Diane Abbot had said the same numbers that Pritti Patel came out with"
          Things done wrong by other parties when they were in power = not the Tory party to blame.

You really have drunk too much Tory Koolaid.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Clearly you are chewing toxic crayons.

Things that are done wrong by the Tory party when the Tory party are in power = Tory party to blame.
            Not "but, but, but what if Diane Abbot had said the same numbers that Pritti Patel came out with"
            Things done wrong by other parties when they were in power = not the Tory party to blame.

You really have drunk too much Tory Koolaid.
            As the UK's clown political leadership fails, those who supported them will back them more strongly, rather than desert them. It's cretin nature.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Which aptly and amply demonstrates why you aren't competent to be posting on these forums...
              No, come on tell me then why should there be a PM when other people can do his job as he can't seem to do it?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

You've made it a personality contest, abdicating responsibility from the Tory MPs who are in fact still responsible. They're contributing negatively to this crisis and have always had a prominent place in passing legislation and voting.

Your fixation on personalities mean that nobody can ever be blamed for anything, which is a stupid stance to take. The Tory party are to blame for this and the MPs are a very similar bunch of named people who have been in power since 2010. They had the chance to address various PPE and other shortages for an influenza pandemic, predicted multiple times, but chose to not allocate the funds to stock up. Their continual - and blatant - smoke and mirrors games mean that it's always the fault of someone else.

The reason I think and other lesser skilled men (why's it always men?) on this forum go along with them is likely because this is how you live your life; you deflect and never accept blame for anything - responsibility is alien. This explains why the brexit brigade and their elderly mentally stunted crowd can always 'win', as citing proportional responsibility is something alien to you in your own lives.

It's the modern trend. Once some more relatives, friends and family live with longer term complications and experience the odd death within your group then perhaps eventually folk will come to their senses and see the past decade for what it's been: a mess.

If anybody struggles with the above, then consider that on many projects you've worked on just how many idiots you've had to deal with (or bin from the project) who are always moaning, complaining, blaming someone else; when the core few intelligent and shrewd project contributors know that those folk are simply contrarians trying to avoid responsibility and blame through constant deflection to cover their inadequacies.
                Last edited by rogerfederer; 11 May 2020, 13:56.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  No, come on tell me then why should there be a PM when other people can do his job as he can't seem to do it?
                  Perhaps you should start from understanding what his job actually is. There's a good hint in my earlier post, so see if you can work it out. Although since you utterly failed to understand it last time around I doubt that will help.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Perhaps you should start from understanding what his job actually is. There's a good hint in my earlier post, so see if you can work it out. Although since you utterly failed to understand it last time around I doubt that will help.
                    Does his job involve promoting shaking hands with hospitalised Covid 19 patients, or would that (on 3 March) have been doing a bad job?

Comment

If there is no inquiry into shady things going on with medical cannabis, then yes that could mean being an accomplice.

His government is also pushing hard for IR35 that removes competition of small independent contractors from the market. This also begs for an inquiry.

Comment

Working...
                      X