• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    I know the history behind PHE. Malvolia was a senior NHS biomedical scientist for 40-odd years. Her opinion of PHE and the consolidation of lab services would strain the moderators' tolerance levels...
    It would strain my tolerance levels, mainly that there was a filter to prevent the language that PHE/Langley deserve from getting through.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

However he is pretty damned good at avoiding media scrutiny:

Astonishingly this afternoon’s session will mark the first time Johnson has even made a statement in the Commons on coronavirus, and only the second time he has turned up to make a statement on anything at all since this year. We’re also still waiting for his first appearance before the Commons liaison committee, eight and a half months into his premiership. More pressingly the PM has refused to give a press conference or a media interview for the past 11 days, and has managed just one presser since March 25, having been off sick for much of April. Aides say he will only take pre-recorded questions from the public tonight.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I know the history behind PHE. Malvolia was a senior NHS biomedical scientist for 40-odd years. Her opinion of PHE and the consolidation of lab services would strain the moderators' tolerance levels...
        How did you bag such a smart cookie?
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          I saw this on Twitter just now.

"If you voted for Boris at the last election, when the next election comes along, you should stay home, protect the United Kingdom, save lives!"
          A lot of the working class voters I'm connected to from my home town and school etc, who voted Bojo at the last election, think he's doing a good job and still support him.

Now't as strange as folk!
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            A lot of the working class voters I'm connected to from my home town and school etc, who voted Bojo at the last election, think he's doing a good job and still support him.

Now't as strange as folk!
            A lot of Americans think the same of Trump.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Most people are unable to look beyond what happens to their immediate environment. For example, if you talk to someone about the catastrophe this government is cooking, in form of the IR35 changes, all they think it is a good change, because it punishes tax avoiders and they think it is a great injustice that a self-employed doing the same job as a perm next to him or her is paying different tax.
              They don't understand that self-employed person has a company to run and the tax difference is negligible.
              This government done more damage to small business than probably any Labour government ever could.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                However he is pretty damned good at avoiding media scrutiny:
                It is of course quite possible that, sickness and near death experience and new baby excepted, he has been a little busy doing the job and not wasting time on PR that others have been able to do on his behalf. Or something...

None of what he has missed would have had any impact on the current crisis. So why waste effort on it?
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It is of course quite possible that, sickness and near death experience and new baby excepted, he has been a little busy doing the job and not wasting time on PR that others have been able to do on his behalf. Or something...

None of what he has missed would have had any impact on the current crisis. So why waste effort on it?
                  So basically no point in having a PM then?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    How did you bag such a smart cookie?
                    She likes the single cell organisms that she finds in old petri dishes!
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      So basically no point in having a PM then?
                      Which aptly and amply demonstrates why you aren't competent to be posting on these forums...
                      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                      X