• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boris couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery

Coronavirus: UK sent 50,000 Covid-19 samples to US for testing - BBC News

The government has admitted sending about 50,000 coronavirus tests to the US last week for processing after "operational issues" in UK labs.

The Department of Health said sending swabs abroad are among the contingencies to deal with "teething problems".

The samples were airlifted to the US in chartered flights from Stansted Airport, the Sunday Telegraph said.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

They weren't going to get the 100k tests without fiddling things like Nero when Rome burned, now were they.

I'd be surprised if the bozo could find his arse with both hands.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      They weren't going to get the 100k tests without fiddling things like Nero when Rome burned, now were they.

I'd be surprised if the bozo could find his arse with both hands
      He went to Eaton therefore he had juniors to do that for him. (I would be banned if I used the correct Eaton word)
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        He went to Eaton therefore he had juniors to do that for him. (I would be banned if I used the correct Eaton word)
        You should be banned for not knowing how to spell "Eton".

Anyway the problem is not HMG or Boris but PHE. They won't allow uncredited labs to do the testing, meaning a lot of private UK-based ones can't help, so samples have to go to someone's medical labs.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Yeah, it’s always somebody’s elses fault rather than the person in charge - Boris

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Yeah, it’s always somebody’s elses fault rather than the person in charge - Boris
            Garden Bridge....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                You should be banned for not knowing how to spell "Eton".

Anyway the problem is not HMG or Boris but PHE. They won't allow uncredited labs to do the testing, meaning a lot of private UK-based ones can't help, so samples have to go to someone's medical labs.
                Ahem.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  To be fair to the PM, nobody forced people to vote for him. A

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    To be fair to the PM, nobody forced people to vote for him. A
                    You lost. Get over it.

Comment

Working...
                    X