• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will it be possible/worthwhile to buy a Roller later this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always quite liked the look of these.........
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      So far, touch wood, I'm doing OK health and finance wise during this virus carry on, although who can say (of me or themselves) how long that will last?

But if it does for me, then maybe I can take advantage of the glut of goods and commodities that are likely to have built up by later this year.

So now may be the only chance I ever have to buy a flash car, and I've always fancied a Roller or Bentley. Would this be a good idea?

Everyone knows a Rolls is said to be a "poor man's car", as it is so reliable. But I read somewhere that even if nothing major is likely to go wrong, it needs constant minor tweaks, and models before about 1990 are quite prone to rust.
      Used car prices will go through the roof. They are already starting.

Bargain Luxobarge of choice is a 2018 Audi A8. 60-70k depreciation in 2 years has happened. Snap one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Classic Jaguars have class but if I had a choice I would go for a Citroen DS

1972 Citroen DS: Still a Source of Design Inspiration • Gear Patrol

Beautiful. I know of one in a barn in Yorkshire, but it is a big project. Buy one & hope that a vaccine is not discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

Bargain Luxobarge of choice is a 2018 Audi A8. 60-70k depreciation in 2 years has happened. Snap one up.
          I’m looking for a 5L Audi Q7 to escape London, not as cheap as chips yet

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Do you mean "through the roof", which means soaring upwards, or "through the floor" ?

I assume it will be the latter, although I may be wrong for some counter-intuitive reason.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Do you mean "through the roof", which means soaring upwards, or "through the floor" ?

I assume it will be the latter, although I may be wrong for some counter-intuitive reason.
              It's a pooper contrarian position.

Comment

Through the roof. People will not want the outlay / long term finance on new cars due to employment insecurity, but do not want to take public transport.

MK1 & MK2 BMW Mini's seem to be the current trend.

The A8 comment was completely unrelated. My bad.
                Last edited by clearedforlanding; 13 May 2020, 20:14.

Comment

The A8 comment was completely whiskey related. My bad.

FTFY
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    FTFY
                    Wait untill I hit the Absinthe, I will be recommending Alfa Romeos.

Comment

Wait untill I hit the Absinthe, I will be recommending Alfa Romeos.

Your problem is you can't handle it/them.

And if you could, I'd suggest:
                      3 measures of Foxhole Gin (can substitute Silent Pool)
                      2 measures of Moskovskaya Vodka (for a different take, try Arbikie)
                      1 measure of Kubler Absinthe (Larusse is another option)

Serve over ice with a twist of lime.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X