• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will it be possible/worthwhile to buy a Roller later this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Looks like the basis is an old MX-5. The windscreen and rear brake light are the biggest clues, I think.
    I thought it was more likely a tulipbox bmw z4
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I thought it was more likely a tulipbox bmw z4

Door handles are a Mk1 MX5.

Rear centre brake light from a Mk2:

I used to date a nurse who had one.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I know sweet FA about most things, the classic car market being an exceptional example of my cluelessness.

With that in mind, I would possibly go for a Jaguar or Aston Martin.

I do like the Maserati Gran Tourismo but that's not a classic. And I need to learn how to drive an automatic.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          I know sweet FA about most things, the classic car market being an exceptional example of my cluelessness.

With that in mind, I would possibly go for a Jaguar or Aston Martin.

I do like the Maserati Gran Tourismo but that's not a classic. And I need to learn how to drive an automatic.
          Classic Jaguars have class but if I had a choice I would go for a Citroen DS

1972 Citroen DS: Still a Source of Design Inspiration • Gear Patrol

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            As would I. They're a bit cheaper as well.
            ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

1972 Citroen DS: Still a Source of Design Inspiration • Gear Patrol

Or maybe a Panard? My cousin has had one in the garage for years, in varying states of restoration

Comment

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post
                Go for it. You only live once!

Hideous! I can't believe that's a genuine Roller.

Here's a genuine Roller (Corniche):

Comment

Some of those cars look fun. I like the Citroen. But I'll stick with my 11 year old Skoda Scirocco.

Comment

I don't think I have space for another luxury car outside my house.

Comment

Yes you will fit in with the rest of Weatherspoons

Comment

Working...
                      X