• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Covid lockdown - different in wales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covid lockdown - different in wales

Got to be fair used to be a fan of the welsh assembly....

Bit embarrassed at the moment. We've got central government setting a policy and some jumped up count councillors in wales trying to score political points by pre-emptign it and being different. Complete shambles indeed.

Half of wales will assume that Boris' speech applied to ALL of the UK (And why wouldn't you?), the other half will think "stuff it thats not fair, if england can do it I can".

Its going to be a disaster. Imagine living in a border town.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Bit embarrassed at the moment. We've got central government setting a policy and some jumped up count councillors in wales trying to score political points by pre-emptign it and being different. Complete shambles indeed.

Half of wales will assume that the jumped up dodgy journalist's speech applied to ALL of the UK (And why wouldn't you?), the other half will think "stuff it thats not fair, if england can do it I can".

FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Half of wales will assume that Boris' speech applied to ALL of the UK (And why wouldn't you?), the other half will think "stuff it thats not fair, if england can do it I can".

Explain why you want yourself and your family to be at higher risk of getting Covid-19 like those who live in England?
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Explain why you want yourself and your family to be at higher risk of getting Covid-19 like those who live in England?
        He's a cretin.

Comment

Said it all before but here are huge costs associated with lockdown, not just economically but in terms of mental and physical health. There are no absolute certainties at present, so I think the monitored cautious approach that the <English> government is taking, which can be reversed if cases rise, is the right way to go.

Maybe some local authorities should have more say though, the problem in densely populated areas like London is not the same as in rural areas.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lockdown in whales

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              OK. I'm actually better off staying put. No travel expenses etc. Client who is happy for me to work from home.

I know people who've lost their jobs or are about to. Can't pay the mortgage. You're outlook will change when this is you're circumstance....

Its all about risk management. We've all got to go back sometime. At the moment, the risk of death for a health young person is very small indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Said it all before but here are huge costs associated with lockdown, not just economically but in terms of mental and physical health. There are no absolute certainties at present, so I think the monitored cautious approach that the <English> government is taking, which can be reversed if cases rise, is the right way to go.

Maybe some local authorities should have more say though, the problem in densely populated areas like London is not the same as in rural areas.
                EXACTLY.

No seems to remeber that cancer screening is on hold. Mental health - how many more suicides?

Comment

Same old Scotland and Wales - making decisions the English have to pay for

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                    Same old Scotland and Wales - making decisions the English have to pay for
                    I have to agree with you here...

Comment

Working...
                    X