• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor ignores Ltd company directors again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are LTD directors actually eligible for this?

I normally pay myself a lump sum every year, which i have already done this tax year. However ill be out of contract by the end of the month so can i just give myself a nice paid holiday? Or do i need to have steady written-down monthly salary?

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post

Instead, they introduce legislation that favours companies like Infosys when it comes to access to market.

That begs for national inquiry.
      Yes. That's right. You don't like it so it must be illegal.... ZZZZzzzz.....

but now coupled with a conspiracy theory.......... really???? Gordon Brown was part of this was he? And Alistair darling? George Osborne? Philip Hammond? Sajid Javid? They don't have much to personally gain from a link to Infosys. But the new boy, who incidentally halted the proposed rollout, is the lynch pin for a conspiracy... get real.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Psst - it’s Illumina...

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          Yes. That's right. You don't like it so it must be illegal.... ZZZZzzzz.....

but now coupled with a conspiracy theory.......... really???? Gordon Brown was part of this was he? And Alistair darling? George Osborne? Philip Hammond? Sajid Javid? They don't have much to personally gain from a link to Infosys. But the new boy, who incidentally halted the proposed rollout, is the lynch pin for a conspiracy... get real.
          No, on the part of Labour it was just pure stupidity. Philip Hammond did right thing changing the tax on dividends so that it is on par with PAYE, so that "loophole" was plugged and the evolution of this should have been merger of income and NI. Instead large consultancies found a way how to tweak this legislation to their advantage so they no longer have to worry about pesky contractors bidding together with them for contracts and undercutting on price.

Infosys is just a happy concidence for Chancellor.

Comment

No, on the part of Labour it was just pure stupidity. Philip Hammond did right thing changing the tax on dividends so that it is on par with PAYE, so that "loophole" was plugged and the evolution of this should have been merger of income and NI. Instead large consultancies found a way how to tweak this legislation to their advantage so they no longer have to worry about pesky contractors bidding together with them for contracts and undercutting on price.

Inneresting.

Comment

It wasn’t Hammond, it was scum Osborne who increased tax on dividends - higher than Germany already

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                Psst - it’s Illumina...
                No. That's what the CIA want you to think.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                  You're the here.

You can get 80% of your salary up to £2800 per month. That's not bad for **** all. Unless of course, you had a salary of £6800 per year and that was your choice to pay yourself that way, so that you could use your dividends to keep your Bentley service history up to date. In that case, 80% of £500 odd per month is more than you deserve.
                  Why would I furlough myself, I'm still in contract? I have taken out the Bounce Back loan and Welsh Gov micro business grant just in case though....

Comment

so why would it beg for a national enquiry?
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                      Why would I furlough myself, I'm still in contract? I have taken out the Bounce Back loan and Welsh Gov micro business grant just in case though....
                      so WTF is your problem?
                      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                      X