• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chancellor ignores Ltd company directors again....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chancellor ignores Ltd company directors again....

Listening to Rishi Sunak being questioned about his 'assistance' in the house, he again ignores a direct question about dividends being counted as Director income and just carries on touting his 'self employed' assistance scheme.

It's like I've gone back 15 years in time when my pre-school kids would just ignore anything they didn't want to answer and carried on talking as if they were in a different reality!

not really....

He doesn't consider contractors using a LTD company model to be real company directors.
    A real company director will continue to pay himself, or take a grant, or furlough all his staff.

A contractor is not something he considers to be anything other than a tax dodging employee.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
      Listening to Rishi Sunak being questioned about his 'assistance' in the house, he again ignores a direct question about dividends being counted as Director income and just carries on touting his 'self employed' assistance scheme.

It's like I've gone back 15 years in time when my pre-school kids would just ignore anything they didn't want to answer and carried on talking as if they were in a different reality!

You're the here.

You can get 80% of your salary up to £2800 per month. That's not bad for **** all. Unless of course, you had a salary of £6800 per year and that was your choice to pay yourself that way, so that you could use your dividends to keep your Bentley service history up to date. In that case, 80% of £500 odd per month is more than you deserve.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Dividends are only income for purposes of the income tax...

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post

WGAS

Comment

The NI is not hypothecated so it doesn't matter what label particular tax has.

It seems like Chancellor thinks that people who pay tax with one label are worth helping and people who pay same tax with another label are not.

Probably Chancellor doesn't know that small salary + dividend is similar to PAYE since 2017.

Chancellor also doesn't seem to have a problem when employees are paid small salary plus commission.

If this was a problem of one group paying not enough tax, they could just raise that tax.

Instead, they introduce legislation that favours companies like Infosys when it comes to access to market.

That begs for national inquiry.

Comment

David, this is what you have a warchest for.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

My other half gets paid a smallish salary and larger monthly bonus. Of course, during this furlough, the 80% only applies to her salary, not her monthly bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  My other half gets paid a smallish salary and larger monthly bonus. Of course, during this furlough, the 80% only applies to her salary, not her monthly bonus.
                  You re-married?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    That's the least of her troubles.

Comment

Working...
                    X