• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this really our plan?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
    Many people do, the idea isn't to get them into work (although it's a plus), it's to get them infected and immune, while not introducing too many cases so the NHS is able to cope.

If it creates long term damage you're ****ed anyway, it's not going away until we have herd immunity.

That is literally the government's plan, to let people get infected up to 60%, but rather than slowly let the number creep up, you can give it a boost by making those most likely to be fine the ones that are infected, which will save the older and more likely to die / more expensive to treat people.
    Coronavirus: Six-week-old baby dies with COVID-19 as UK deaths pass 31,000 | UK News | Sky News

The oldest patient was 103, and 22 of the 332 people - aged between 40 and 96 - had no known underlying health conditions.

Go for it, let us know how you get on. Maybe you won't die, maybe just end up in hospital on a ventilator for a couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Coronavirus: Six-week-old baby dies with COVID-19 as UK deaths pass 31,000 | UK News | Sky News

The oldest patient was 103, and 22 of the 332 people - aged between 40 and 96 - had no known underlying health conditions.

Go for it, let us know how you get on. Maybe you won't die, maybe just end up in hospital on a ventilator for a couple of months.
      You do understand statistics don't you ?

Do yourself a favor and educate yourself from someone who knows all about it...

Government’s method of giving out Covid-19 statistics is 'number theatre' and 'embarrassing' to watch, expert says | London Evening Standard

Among the 17 million under-25s, there have been 26 deaths recorded, Sir David said, adding: “That’s about the risk we face over a couple of days of general accidents and sudden death.”

In comparison, more than 1 per cent of those aged over 90 have so far died from Covid-19, in a four-week period, he said.

“That is 10,000 times the risk of the younger people.”
      Last edited by dx4100; 13 May 2020, 13:30.

Comment

Originally posted by FIERCE TANK BATTLE View Post
        Many people do, the idea isn't to get them into work (although it's a plus), it's to get them infected and immune
        Tell me, what's the evidence of immunity?
        How long does it last for?
        Does it depend on the viral load/health, etc?

The initial thought (back in the days when our glorious leader and his sidekick, Boris, were touting "herd immunity" and shaking hands everywhere) was that once you had it, you could never ever get it again. This was based on politics, not science.
        The evidence does not seem as clear cut.

Perhaps we'll end up with the same immunity that we have to that other coronavirus related illness - the common cold.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Go out and get it then. You are at no risk, you won't even notice it by your calculation.

Comment

Two young nurses die as NHS braces for more coronavirus losses | Society | The Guardian

Best friend pays tribute to nurse who has died aged 29 | Nursing Times

Comment

Pregnant NHS nurse dies with coronavirus – but baby saved – Channel 4 News

Comment

Coronavirus in France: healthy 16 year-old dies of COVID-19 | Euronews

Go tell her mother it is safe and not to make a fuss.

Comment

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...ictim-11966526

Comment

You know you could also get meningitis as well as many other diseases....

Life must be really scary for you given the way your thought processes are working over time on this.

I am learning to live with the risk of also getting this. I will go out and socially distance where possible and will try not to cry too much when that doesn't work out for me. Just going to take sensible steps like most things in life.

Its like having sex with a new partner - condom ? no condom ? will it break ? Is it worth the risk ?

I ain't cowering in my home for the next god knows how many years and I would have the sex if I wasn't happily married - but probably with the condom to start with

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
                      You know you could also get meningitis as well as many other diseases....

Life must be really scary for you given the way your thought processes are working over time on this.

I am learning to live with the risk of also getting this. I will go out and socially distance where possible and will try not to cry too much when that doesn't work out for me. Just going to take sensible steps like most things in life.

Its like having sex with a new partner - condom ? no condom ? will it break ? Is it worth the risk ?

I ain't cowering in my home for the next god knows how many years and I would have the sex if I wasn't happily married - but probably with the condom to start with
                      Maybe you will be fine, and then kill your close family. But hey, be brave, who cares.

Comment

Working...
                      X