• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Furlough?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't you get your 'friend' to register himself on the forum and ask the question... Or just tell him to ask his accountant... Or someone else that has a clue.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
      So whats considered statutory duties?
      From ladymuck's link:

"...a director must act in a way that they consider, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members (shareholders) as a whole..."

So, I'd argue raising an invoice for a recurring income stream (requiring no effort to fulfil it from the furloughed worker) fits.

But as before, if effort (you know, *work* - as in doing, thinking reading and digesting, advising, coding, taking an input and churning though a spreadsheet to calculate a bill etc...) required, then no furlough.

I guess a non work derived residual might be a license fee or rent. The sort of thing that requires none of the work above and could be automatically generated by your accounts package. (or outsourced to your accountant)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Why don't you get your 'friend' to register himself on the forum and ask the question... Or just tell him to ask his accountant... Or someone else that has a clue.

HTH
        He has asked his accountant, currently awaiting response. Obviously he is in a bad place at the moment so providing him some help.

Thankfully my income has not been heavily impacted, feel for those who have.

Comment

He has asked his accountant, currently awaiting response. Obviously he is in a bad place at the moment so providing him some help.

Check the Coronivirus section of the forums. Covered all sorts I great depth there.
          You've posted in the wrong area of the forum.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Check the Coronivirus section of the forums. Covered all sorts I great depth there.
            You've posted in the wrong area of the forum.
            Unless the friend provides gladiatorial services.

Comment

does bad place mean "nothing better to do due to having no work"?
              Cos that would be a good place to do research IMO.

When finished researching furlough he can read up on bleeding radiators.
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
              X