Time to re-open the country Time to re-open the country - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Posts 31 to 40 of 52

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

Don't worry, Priti is sorting that out right now:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Whorty View Post
    Maybe if people didn't keeping breaking the social distancing rules, and we hadn't imported the virus into care homes, we'd have had less deaths.

Next .....
    Maybe if we’d locked down earlier and PHE had made sure that PPE was available in hospitals, and if the country wasn’t run by idiots, we’d have had fewer deaths.

Next?
    Practice social posting
    Stay Alert
    - Moderate the Posts -Save Face
    Together we can beat the CV offenders

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Maybe if we’d locked down earlier and PHE had made sure that PPE was available in hospitals, and if the country wasn’t run by idiots, we’d have had fewer deaths.

Next?
    We knew before the government put the lockdown in place that social distancing was effective ... are you saying Brits are so dumb that they can only do what their supreme leader tells them? The country may be run by idiots but it's also full of idiots - even now there are significant numbers of them ignoring social distancing advice, but hey, what can you do.

Bringing in the lockdown earlier wouldn't have made that much difference. At the end of the day we have to take responsibility for our own actions and stop relying on mommy to tell us what to do

And just for you, let's go back to the facts
    - 30% of deaths are in care homes (nothing to do with lockdown and most of these could have been avoided)
    - Of hospital deaths, 30% of deaths are with diabetes (maybe if Brits were not so fat many of these deaths could have been avoided)

It isn't the government's fault that Brits are obese (although Bojo doesn't set a good example).

It isn't the government's fault that thousands attended Cheltenham for the races against all advice, and then increased the spread of the virus around the country.

I do agree on the PPE front though but that is more PHE than central government.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Super poster

GhostofTarbera - scorchio!

Best ever Cheltenham this year - kissed and hugged so many people

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Best ever Cheltenham this year - kissed and hugged so many people
    Your choice to do that, so long as you take some responsibility for the increased speed and spread of the virus throughout the UK and Ireland.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is a fount of knowledge

Your choice to do that, so long as you take some responsibility for the increased speed and spread of the sniffle throughout the UK and Ireland.
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK is NOT a disguised employee

Of hospital deaths, 30% of deaths are with diabetes (maybe if Brits were not so fat many of these deaths could have been avoided)
    Although I agree that a large chunk of Diabetes II is caused by Obesity, it not the only cause. It (as in my case) can be hereditary.

Should post faster

jayn200 is good enough for Jehovah!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Although I agree that a large chunk of Diabetes II is caused by Obesity, it not the only cause. It (as in my case) can be hereditary.
    How old are you? Are you thin? BMI is flawed, lots of skinny fat people who fall into the upper range of normal BMI and have high amounts of abdominal and/or visceral fat which can cause type 2 diabetes.

Of course with advanced age and the right (or wrong I guess) genetics you can still get it while being relatively thin and having low visceral and abdominal fat.

It's more likely that with the growing fat acceptance movement that middle aged people with type 2 diabetes who are fat are led to wrongly believe that their weight has nothing to do with their diabetes.

Super poster

Whorty - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Sorry, should have qualified that a bit more ..... but basic argument is, if Brits were not so fat (same as Yanks) then we'd have less Type 2 and hence less deaths.

Accepting that Type 1 remains a risk and is no ones fault.

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

Sorry, should have qualified that a bit more ..... but basic argument is, if Brits were not so fat (same as Yanks) then we'd have less Type 2 and hence less deaths.

Accepting that Type 1 remains a risk and is no ones fault.
    I want more money, luxury holidays, a prestige German car, a booming economy, and all my BTL property porfolios to rise in value, so **** the fat, sugarphobic, old feckers!

I think that's the new mantra isn't it?
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.