• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to re-open the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You must have read it wrong. I'm with you. I'm just saying it's PC's circle of friends that are bell ends not sending their kids back to school for 18 months.
    Sorry I apologies - I did read it wrong

You do sound angry though

Comment

The double whammy is these are also the people that are likely to have put less effort in to home schooling.
      Yes I agree and I do actually feel for the kids. The Government are saying they will not fine parents for not sending back kids. I totally disagree with that and its a huge failure of the governments responsibility to those children.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        Sorry I apologies - I did read it wrong

You do sound angry though
        I am. Moronic rants tend to have this affect on me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

So is 400+ deaths... a day!.. is an acceptable number. And that's during lockdown? What do you suggest we do?

He said that did he?

What a ******* idiot. You live with a nurse but not a teacher so do you know think there is a little bias here. You don't have a ******* clue. I live with a teacher and they are working just as hard now trying to help. It's not them that want to stay at home. They are still in looking after frontline kids, caring to the disadvantaged ones and trying to conduct learning in any way they can. They are busting to get back and are (on the whole) pretty devastate about what this is doing to their kids and how they can make this back. My other half is not only working in school but spending a couple of hours a day visiting vulnerable kids and even taking them food. Some of them won't even get fed let alone home schooled. They don't have to do this.

You want to spend some time speaking to some teachers, not your bell end mates.

That's your problem. You voted for them.

Rant of a mindless pillock... which is to be expected from you.

Do better next time, or better still just **** off. Idiot.
          Fair play to your other half.... I'm sure there are loads of teachers like this.

Not been my experience though in my local area. "Homework" was a scribbled sheet with web links and usernames/passwords wrong. I know a lot of parent just gave up - I persisted. Knocked together in 30 mins tops that one was....

Had first phone call this week from daughters teacher. After how many weeks? Obviously been told to do so.

I can tell you a story about how the Head has been with emergency childcare. Wife has a friends whos a nurse, she works nights. Daughter same age as mine - 6. Father is a builder so out working keeping his business afloat. Got turned down for emergency childcare because only one parent was a key worker (yes my council chose to make their own rules up).

She appealed to the head who had final say. Basically, it was not safe for her to have little sleep in the day because of childcare then look after people lives in the night. Head still refused - reason was she didn't want her staff to have to work more than 1/2 a day a week (3-4 schools in the area merged into one so they worked on a rota basis) because of "their safety". She knows full well that this poor woman is working all night, grabbing sleep where she can. Surely you can see this is not right?

I understand if you're other half is a teacher, and sounds like doing it really well, that they too would be annoyed at a fellow teacher doing this? I get that - I apologise if it tars everyone with the same brush here.

And I'll forgive you for calling me names ;-)
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

That just speaks volumes of PC's bell end friends.
            Yes lots of my friends are indeed bellends!

Is it bell end or bellend?

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
              I hardly know the guy - but do you think I am wrong ?

You obviously don't have kids or you are an idiot... which one is it ?

I think northernladuk is angry today. Can someone give him a cuddle ?
              NLUK can have a cwtch off me

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck. But you are probably right there. I'll make a point to get it right next time.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

On the acceptable number of deaths question that is the usual thing thrown around to hit someone over the head with...

I don't think any of us really get to decide that...

Lets be honest none of us think we can just ignore this thing and carry on as normal and neither do any of us really believe the current situation can carry on for any length of time - surely ?

The "acceptable number" isn't a real choice is it ? There is a balance to be struck and its going to involve a lot of death very sadly but we have very little choice over what that number will be in the end. Its the nature of a virus until you can get a vaccine or treatment against it sadly.

I just think its a response that comes out of the mouths of someone who is scared beyond sensibility and I get that - but those people shouldn't think they are presenting a reasonable argument I feel or are walking some greater moral ground.

Comment

Rant of a mindless pillock... which is to be expected from you.

Do better next time, or better still just **** off. Idiot.
                    Stop sugarcoating it and tell him what you really feel!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Behave yourself PC, stop trying to wind him up. My daughter is thriving at home away from all the distractions of the unruly kids in her class, the teachers are able to do much to discipline them in school nowadays.

Most of my neighborhood seem to be loving furlough 80% to sit at home and redecorate, wait till taxes go up to pay for it.
                      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                      X