• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to re-open the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't worry, Priti is sorting that out right now:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Maybe if people didn't keeping breaking the social distancing rules, and we hadn't imported the virus into care homes, we'd have had less deaths.

Next .....
      Maybe if we’d locked down earlier and PHE had made sure that PPE was available in hospitals, and if the country wasn’t run by idiots, we’d have had fewer deaths.

Next?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Maybe if we’d locked down earlier and PHE had made sure that PPE was available in hospitals, and if the country wasn’t run by idiots, we’d have had fewer deaths.

Next?
        We knew before the government put the lockdown in place that social distancing was effective ... are you saying Brits are so dumb that they can only do what their supreme leader tells them? The country may be run by idiots but it's also full of idiots - even now there are significant numbers of them ignoring social distancing advice, but hey, what can you do.

Bringing in the lockdown earlier wouldn't have made that much difference. At the end of the day we have to take responsibility for our own actions and stop relying on mommy to tell us what to do

And just for you, let's go back to the facts
        - 30% of deaths are in care homes (nothing to do with lockdown and most of these could have been avoided)
        - Of hospital deaths, 30% of deaths are with diabetes (maybe if Brits were not so fat many of these deaths could have been avoided)

It isn't the government's fault that Brits are obese (although Bojo doesn't set a good example).

It isn't the government's fault that thousands attended Cheltenham for the races against all advice, and then increased the spread of the virus around the country.

I do agree on the PPE front though but that is more PHE than central government.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Best ever Cheltenham this year - kissed and hugged so many people

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Best ever Cheltenham this year - kissed and hugged so many people
            Your choice to do that, so long as you take some responsibility for the increased speed and spread of the virus throughout the UK and Ireland.

Comment

Your choice to do that, so long as you take some responsibility for the increased speed and spread of the sniffle throughout the UK and Ireland.
              FTFY

Comment

Of hospital deaths, 30% of deaths are with diabetes (maybe if Brits were not so fat many of these deaths could have been avoided)
                Although I agree that a large chunk of Diabetes II is caused by Obesity, it not the only cause. It (as in my case) can be hereditary.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                  Although I agree that a large chunk of Diabetes II is caused by Obesity, it not the only cause. It (as in my case) can be hereditary.
                  How old are you? Are you thin? BMI is flawed, lots of skinny fat people who fall into the upper range of normal BMI and have high amounts of abdominal and/or visceral fat which can cause type 2 diabetes.

Of course with advanced age and the right (or wrong I guess) genetics you can still get it while being relatively thin and having low visceral and abdominal fat.

It's more likely that with the growing fat acceptance movement that middle aged people with type 2 diabetes who are fat are led to wrongly believe that their weight has nothing to do with their diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                    Sorry, should have qualified that a bit more ..... but basic argument is, if Brits were not so fat (same as Yanks) then we'd have less Type 2 and hence less deaths.

Accepting that Type 1 remains a risk and is no ones fault.

Comment

Sorry, should have qualified that a bit more ..... but basic argument is, if Brits were not so fat (same as Yanks) then we'd have less Type 2 and hence less deaths.

Accepting that Type 1 remains a risk and is no ones fault.
                      I want more money, luxury holidays, a prestige German car, a booming economy, and all my BTL property porfolios to rise in value, so **** the fat, sugarphobic, old feckers!

I think that's the new mantra isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                      X