• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to re-open the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    That is true, it was 111 who were overwhelmed.

I know about 8 people who have had it now, 1 of them required hospitalisation and they literally asked him to count to 10 and as he took more than 30 seconds, they took him in (He's out and fine now, 56 year old man). The others called 111 and were told that they were 95% sure they had it and to self isolate, there was zero contact tracing, or guidance to tell anyone.

Edited to add this, as I found it interesting, of the 8 people I knew all 8 of them lost taste and smell - mostly with no other symptoms. The fella who went into hospital went crazy - he forgot his sons name, his own name - but remembered that he was a Newcastle United supporter, which was funny.

This whole "the NHS was never overwhelmed" line is a total untruth, the people on the inside rightly say, that once you have to stop your day to day consultations etc, you are overwhelmed.

All the above said in my post - the bbc are reporting our borrowing is the highest since records began - I can only suppose that Brown et al sold a lot of our reserves to be able to pay the bailout for bankers.
    Maybe I'm lucky (and the people I know are lucky) but I don't know a single person who has had this virus. I 'know of' two people who have died (one a friend of my 72 year old Mom, the other a friend of my 82 year old mother in law) - both people went into hospital with different symptoms and contracted the illness in hospital and consequently died of covid. Had they not gone into hospital they in all likelihood would not have died. I wonder how many other hospital deaths are of people who caught the virus whilst in hospital?
    Last edited by Whorty; 22 May 2020, 19:14.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Maybe I'm lucky (and the people I know are lucky) but I don't know a single person who has had this virus. I 'know of' two people who have dies (one a friend of my 72 year old Mom, the other a friend of my 82 year old mother in law) - both people went into hospital with different symptoms and contracted the illness in hospital and consequently died of covid. Had they not gone into hospital they in all likelihood would not have died. I wonder how many other hospital deaths are of people who caught the virus whilst in hospital?
      Me also. No-one I directly know or one step removed from me has had it, as far as I know.

Comment

Working...
      X