• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time to re-open the country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to re-open the country

Its getting crazy now....

We're going to lose more lives to things remaining as it is than we will with Covid.
    Guy on the news this am - cancer screening is still on hold. How many extra cancer deaths is this going to cause?

Suicide rates? I dread to think the damage due to people losing jobs etc.

WAY too much on facebook of this "Moneys not important, lets save lives". And "All the government care about is money".

Best one I heard was "Boris just wants the rich people to stay working from home while the workers have to go back to work". Eh?

And don't get me started on the lazy arse teachers..... Nurses - "Get to work and sort it out, PPE or not". Teachers - "Do you mind going back if we give you plenty of notice. 3 Weeks? OK dont worry then whenever you're ready".

And the welsh government idiots....

/RANT OVER
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Rant (mostly) agreed with.

Edit: Rant entirely agreed with. Misread a bit.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 May 2020, 08:57.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There really isn't a choice to be had in reality for all the debate, fears and heart ache.

No economy = no public sector = no state

Its a pretty simple formula.

Obviously there are ways and means of going about it that reduces the impact all round. We certainly haven't struck that balance yet and more restrictions WILL have to be lifted one way or another.

People keep asking how many deaths are you willing to accept. The reality is - as many as required to be utterly frank. We have been lucky to live in times where the threat from such things has largely been small. Those times are over it seems.

New normal etc...
      Last edited by dx4100; 13 May 2020, 08:58.

Comment

Originally posted by dx4100 View Post
        There really isn't a choice to be had in reality for all the debate, fears and heart ache.

No economy = no public sector = no state

Its a pretty simple formula.

Obviously there are ways and means of going about it that reduces the impact all round. We certainly haven't struck that balance yet and more restrictions WILL have to be lifted one way or another.

People keep asking how deaths are you willing to accept. The reality is - as many as required to be utterly frank. We have been lucky to live in times where the threat from such things has largely been small. Those times are over it seems.

New normal etc...
        Way too much focus on covid deaths..... Yes its not been a good time at all. BUT we managed as a country.....so far.

Too many people now who get stupid ideas in their head. I know of a friend who said they're going to refuse to send their kid to school for AT LEAST 18 months. Thats going to work well. Knackering you're kids future because you've got this idea in your head.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Guy on the news this am - cancer screening is still on hold. How many extra cancer deaths is this going to cause?
          Context is everything.

Cancer screening may be on hold in some hospitals where the risk of infection is considered too high.
          Your blanket statement is incorrect.

Trust me, I know.
          I had a phone call on Wednesday of last week for an appointment that was delayed from early April. They offered me Thursday last week or any time this week.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Its getting crazy now....

We're going to lose more lives to things remaining as it is than we will with Covid.

Suicide rates? I dread to think the damage due to people losing jobs etc.
            So is 400+ deaths... a day!.. is an acceptable number. And that's during lockdown? What do you suggest we do?
            WAY too much on facebook of this "Moneys not important, lets save lives". And "All the government care about is money".

Best one I heard was "Boris just wants the rich people to stay working from home while the workers have to go back to work". Eh?
            He said that did he?
            And don't get me started on the lazy arse teachers..... Nurses - "Get to work and sort it out, PPE or not". Teachers - "Do you mind going back if we give you plenty of notice. 3 Weeks? OK dont worry then whenever you're ready".
            What a ******* idiot. You live with a nurse but not a teacher so do you know think there is a little bias here. You don't have a ******* clue. I live with a teacher and they are working just as hard now trying to help. It's not them that want to stay at home. They are still in looking after frontline kids, caring to the disadvantaged ones and trying to conduct learning in any way they can. They are busting to get back and are (on the whole) pretty devastate about what this is doing to their kids and how they can make this back. My other half is not only working in school but spending a couple of hours a day visiting vulnerable kids and even taking them food. Some of them won't even get fed let alone home schooled. They don't have to do this.

You want to spend some time speaking to some teachers, not your bell end mates.
            And the welsh government idiots....

/RANT OVER
            That's your problem. You voted for them.

Rant of a mindless pillock... which is to be expected from you.

Do better next time, or better still just **** off. Idiot.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 13 May 2020, 09:09.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

. I know of a friend who said they're going to refuse to send their kid to school for AT LEAST 18 months. Thats going to work well. Knackering you're kids future because you've got this idea in your head.
              Bringing up kids is a competitive business. If they want to keep their kids out of education for 18 months then let them I say They can work for my kids

My youngest will be back on the 1st June if the school gates are open.

Comment

Bringing up kids is a competitive business. If they want to keep their kids out of education for 18 months then let them I say They can work for my kids

My youngest will be back on the 1st June if the school gates are open.
                That just speaks volumes of PC's bell end friends.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  That just speaks volumes of PC's bell end friends.
                  I hardly know the guy - but do you think I am wrong ?

You obviously don't have kids or you are an idiot... which one is it ?

I think northernladuk is angry today. Can someone give him a cuddle ?
                  Last edited by dx4100; 13 May 2020, 09:22.

Comment

I hardly know the guy - but do you think I am wrong ?

You obviously don't have kids or you are an idiot... which one is it ?

I think northernladuk is angry today. Can someone give him a cuddle ?
                    You must have read it wrong. I'm with you. I'm just saying it's PC's circle of friends that are bell ends not sending their kids back to school for 18 months. The double whammy is these are also the people that are likely to have put less effort in to home schooling.

Comment

Working...
                    X