• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People from London realise we were right all along.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People from London realise we were right all along.

Winkworth's in Canterbury received over 70 inquiries about my countryside pad in Kent this morning alone. Sadly for those people I am moving there myself and they can rent my place in the tuliphole that is Fleet.

Agent said 90% of enquiries were from Londoners. I hate to inform all Londoners that to sell a house / flat / fridge with a postcode you need to find someone who wants to buy it. That is to say someone who doesn't want to spin the wheel of fortune on being put on a ventilator, and sell your leveraged house in London to buy your dream WFH pad in the countryside you must.

My days in Portobello were some of the happiest in my life, but without cafe's, pubs & restaurants - not to mention theatres et al, I fail to see the point of London. Winter queuing in the pouring rain to enter a socially distanced Tesco Express is going to be horrific.

Let the exodus begin, poor souls.

Thoughts on the London property market wise CUKers?

and another purple bumpkin.

pompous twat.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      and another purple bumpkin.

pompous twat.
      You always sound like a roofer who disappears on payday after you get your pay cheque.

Comment

What's in Canterbury?

Ocado deliver to me in Kensington so no need for social distancing queueing.

Comment

Students

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            What's in Canterbury?

Ocado deliver to me in Kensington so no need for social distancing queueing.
            Not much other than a little church.. But the farmland and houses around it seem to be attractive to people from W11, SW3 & SW10.

Quad racing in my fields.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              Not much other than a little church.. But the farmland and houses around it seem to be attractive to people from W11, SW3 & SW10.

Quad racing in my fields.
              Ah. I'm in W8. Not your target demographic

Comment

I’m escaping London as soon as WFH is confirmed forever

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ah. I'm in W8. Not your target demographic
                  Well at least you will get to socially distance in the rain queuing for the shops on Ken High Street.

I made the mistake of renting an apartment on top of an antiques shop on ken church street in my youth. With a night bus stop outside my window.

I can still hear the rattling of the windows.

Comment

Queuing? For shops? Never done that. Never will.

Comment

Working...
                    X