• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone else had enough of WFH?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WFH is fine as been doing it for 2 years already, but what is hard is not being able to take the wife out and for her to have no visitors. She's been stuck in now since Feb but I'm planning to take her out, if only for a spin in the car, over the weekend. We're now in talks with the palliative care team as her illness gets worse, so not great for her that with limited time left she is forced to sit at home with me!
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Been WFH for at least the last 7 years - it's the rule rather than the exception for me and that even included 4 years of permiedom.

Swings and roundabouts innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        WFH is fine as been doing it for 2 years already, but what is hard is not being able to take the wife out and for her to have no visitors. She's been stuck in now since Feb but I'm planning to take her out, if only for a spin in the car, over the weekend. We're now in talks with the palliative care team as her illness gets worse, so not great for her that with limited time left she is forced to sit at home with me!

Hey Whorty, a spin in the car will do her the world of good. I am one of the sheltering types and just seeing open scenery and new things was electrifying yesterday.

I am sorry to hear your wife is so unwell. I can imagine what a toll it takes on you. Remember to look after yourself as well.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Hey Whorty, a spin in the car will do her the world of good. I am one of the sheltering types and just seeing open scenery and new things was electrifying yesterday.

I am sorry to hear your wife is so unwell. I can imagine what a toll it takes on you. Remember to look after yourself as well.
          Cheers mate. She's looking forward to a little drive. Shame I can't take her down to the coast for an ice cream LOL
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The difference of WFH this year is I have no choice.

Last year I could work in the client's office if I chose to and could go to the gym, cafe, shops, tip, etc on the days I WFH.

Feck I'm even missing going to the local tip...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'd kind of like to go into the office. But don't care too much.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                The difference of WFH this year is I have no choice.

Last year I could work in the client's office if I chose to and could go to the gym, cafe, shops, tip, etc on the days I WFH.

Agree with that 100%

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I did this tonight - first time i have driven in 8 weeks - It almost felt normal - I felt happy - then I arrived...

Massive queue of cars - 1 hour wait - 3 cars at a time....

**** this new normal - its tulip!

Comment

That month of Sunday's that my grandmother was always talking about is actually longer than a month.

Comment

There's nowt better than cracking one off just before a meeting. (the 09:27 3 minute challenge, I have to look in the mirror, its the only way to meet that deadline).

Comment

Working...
                      X