• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So anyone else had enough of WFH?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    WFH is fine as been doing it for 2 years already, but what is hard is not being able to take the wife out and for her to have no visitors. She's been stuck in now since Feb but I'm planning to take her out, if only for a spin in the car, over the weekend. We're now in talks with the palliative care team as her illness gets worse, so not great for her that with limited time left she is forced to sit at home with me!
    tulipe man. Didn't know. Feel for you....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
      You know she needs support but instead are posting here about drinking during the day, which I presume to mean late morning or early afternoon?

Use your network of family and friends for support and stick to other self improvements. Try jogging with your partner and having that close communication and connection that you surely once had.

If you want an easy rule to follow: don't drink at all, it isn't an essential in life. A step down from this is don't drink when it's daylight. There are plenty of things to be getting on with now and becoming a cliched boozing stereotype isn't a valid route that ever ends well.

To Psychocandy: you choose to roll out of bed and are unhappy with the work. Perhaps let your imagination wander: get up early, exercise, go out, try new things with your family. If your imagination is limited then rely on your kids to choose new stuff to try outdoors. You are allowed out for exercise as much as you wish every day: use it. Go and walk around the countryside or areas you aren't familiar with, try running.

Plenty of people are risking their health and lives to keep the country going now and anybody working from home now on 100% pay is in a fantastic position. Making a conscious decision to ignore these options and have a moan is fine, but take of those around you and they'll take care of you. Now is the time to open up more and rekindle any lost connections.

Thankfully this forum has quietened down a lot, so I hope that is a sign people are indeed spending time enjoying other things.
      Tony Robbins takes mogadon.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Tony Robbins takes mogadon.
        yep, sanctimonious puckermoothed puritan.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          yep, sanctimonious puckermoothed puritan.
          Go and have a beer (or 10).
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            Go and have a beer (or 10).
            that's not going to cure him <well, it might>

Comment

Working...
            X