• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A wife for WTFH?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wife for WTFH?

Two retired women spoken to by police amid claims they blocked cyclist paths with rocks and branches | The Union Journal

Former church councillor and a retired instructor, both 62, are spoken to by police amid claims they blocked a forest course with rocks and branches to quit bicyclists.Nathan Cartwright, 17, located his cycle course blocked with rocks andbranches
    He identified two women close by that confessed to putting the blockages.
    They recommended the teenager damaged lockdown policies and trespassed on personal land.

Uniformed police were sent off to talk to the women regarding the case.
    Yes there is a worse newspaper than the Granuaid out there!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    that article written by one of our members with strange names???
    i wonder what language it's in?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      that article written by one of our members with strange names???
      i wonder what language it's in?
      Something tells me that English is not Carlos Christian's first language...

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Yes there is a worse newspaper than the Granuaid out there!
        I agree with you, the article is taken from the Waily Trigger:
        Two retired women spoken to by police amid claims they blocked cyclist paths with rocks and branches
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Something tells me that English is not Carlos Christian's first language...
          I think you're right, he would appear to be an American...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Founded in 2019, The Union Journal is an imposter news and opinion website. They completely lack transparency as location is not revealed, authors do not have bio’s, the about page claims they are a financial website (they are not) and ownership is not revealed. The two names associated with the website are Miriam Jackson and Carlos Christian.
            In review, The Union Journal is an imposter website, meaning it looks like an official newspaper website covering New York City. We are not rating this website for bias because they simply publish anything they can. Here is how it works. They take a credible news story from a source like the New York Times and then run the text through text re-writer (or it is re-written by someone with poor English language skills.) This is apparently done to prevent plagiarism. Unfortunately, this technology is not very advanced, which results in sentences that do not make sense. For example, here is text from a New York Times story they published: “Rather than the puckish humor she used in jabbing at Mr. Marcos, her more recent tone was often sarcastic.” This is what that sentence looks like on The Union Journal “Rather than the puckish wit she made use of in jabbing atMr Marcos, her even more current tone was usually ironical.” And yes, the bunched together text also comes from copying and pasting directly from the text re-writer or so it seems.
            Although The Union Journal is republishing real news stories from credible sources they are essentially unreadable after being re-written by a machine.
            About par for the course
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
            X