• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Positive effects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Positive effects

I was always intrigued why the MIL and cohorts could rack up substantial amounts in their bank accounts whilst living on the minimum state pension. I knew how but am now in the same position It's all to do with not spending any money This year alone I'll have saved just under £20K by not going on holiday and with the cruise money now showing as a rather impressive credit amount on the CC the accounts have a rosy complexion. Doing my own decorating will also save rather a lot and I'm still earning as WFH has been my modus operandi for the last 20 years. It'd be nice to go on holiday but in the meantime I'll have the cash to splash on upgrading the media centre and other vanity projects

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    I was always intrigued why the MIL and cohorts could rack up substantial amounts in their bank accounts whilst living on the minimum state pension. I knew how but am now in the same position It's all to do with not spending any money This year alone I'll have saved just under £20K by not going on holiday and with the cruise money now showing as a rather impressive credit amount on the CC the accounts have a rosy complexion. Doing my own decorating will also save rather a lot and I'm still earning as WFH has been my modus operandi for the last 20 years. It'd be nice to go on holiday but in the meantime I'll have the cash to splash on upgrading the media centre and other vanity projects
    Forget stuff like the media player and other vanity projects and you will have a lot more money in your pot.

Comment

If you think doing something yourself will save you money, probably you don't value your time enough.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        If you think doing something yourself will save you money, probably you don't value your time enough.
        Maybe, maybe not.

For those of us who sit behind a computer all day it can be nice to build/fix something physical once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
          Maybe, maybe not.

For those of us who sit behind a computer all day it can be nice to build/fix something physical once in a while.
          You have a point here. Cheaper than therapist

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

Definitely.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not.

A media player is a computer and not exactly physical work.

If you build a distillery in a shed I would consider that a worthwhile vanity project.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                A media player is a computer and not exactly physical work.

If you build a distillery in a shed I would consider that a worthwhile vanity project.
                Aye, or maybe build one of these...
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X