• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

plenty worse off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I'd have thought more like 100% of those who have any savings must have been affected. Perhaps a few canny people saw the stock market crash coming and knew what to do but daresay most of us didn't.

I think it is more 20% are using their savings to survive.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      The government could use the situation to change the way many of the companies operate and safeguard industries if they wanted.
      I think it will be that HMRC sees company saves money on rent and maintenance of the office as employees work from home and is going to ask Chancellor to raise the tax accordingly so that any gain company has will go to the taxman.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
        I think it will be that HMRC sees company saves money on rent and maintenance of the office as employees work from home and is going to ask Chancellor to raise the tax accordingly so that any gain company has will go to the taxman.

A bit pessimistic with a low tax party. Though we will have to pay for this mess somehow.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A bit pessimistic with a low tax party. Though we will have to pay for this mess somehow.
          They seem to be taking the Labour route. Make everyone poor and then promise few pounds here or there in exchange for a vote.

Comment

Indeed they will, but I'm not sure why those that are not on furlough should cop for it as well. I'm probably a bit bitter as everyone else in my street is having a whale of a time being paid 80% to decorate their houses and gardens whilst actually earning more because they have no expenses etc, little do they know of the impending tulip that's going to hit the fan.
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              little do they know of the impending tulip that's going to hit the fan.
              That is why you don't let it get to you... If you are still working then you are in pound seat in the long run...

Comment

Working...
              X