• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella jokers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Top 2% are not allowed to be desperate? Person at £85k is hardly rich and I've seen people earning this much and living from paycheck to paycheck. I am sure person on that salary could go into shared accommodation, rent a room, eat baked beans and go camping to Yorkshire on holiday once every five years and feel like Trump, but that is not the reality.

Oh this one just keeps giving and giving.

Even more so than dear old Gricer.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Oh this one just keeps giving and giving.

Even more so than dear old Gricer.
      Inneresting that you you should say that.

Comment

I'm hating it - I'm working for the NHS for already 25% of my daily rate, on pandemic related stuff, for the short term.

I have to use an umbrella and the stuff they spout is just insane.

"You don't pay employers NI, because that would be illegal"

but I do though, don't I ? If I give you my daily rate then you deduct it.

"No, your agent should be paying it - you should be getting a daily rate thats already less NI and your agency pays the employers NI"

But I'm employed by you, for tax purposes aren't I?

"No, you are self employed".

ROFL.. ok then, take your 40% of my already meager rate.

Comment

Yes, they cannot take it from your rate, but can negotiate a new rate that has employer's ni deducted.

You couldn't make it up.

I am still amazed that nobody has not said anything how idiotic this change is (except Lords maybe)

If I was a PM I would fire the whole department.

Comment

Working...
          X