• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella jokers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella jokers

How do these guys still operate ? - email this morning

COVID-19 and UK freelancers

Dear GOT,

Although the demand for contractors has been affected by COVID 19 there are still opportunities in the contract market. Obviously health care workers are in more demand than ever.

In the IT and communications sector in particular, this is very possibly because of an increase in remote working.

Because of social distancing measures people are having to work from home which is creating additional demand for remote teleconferencing and IT services. Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business and Google’s G Suite have seen substantial gains in customers in recent weeks. IT companies and consultants are working hard to meet the increase in demand.

The UK's IT sector is not expected to be significantly affected because the sector’s reliance on domestic demand and low probability of supply chain disruption.

Umbrella Company Services

If you need an umbrella now or in the future please consider Prestige Umbrella.

Choose Prestige Umbrella as your umbrella company and you could retain up to 90% of your income while staying 100% compliant with UK tax law.

We have been providing umbrella services for over 18 years to thousands of contractors like you. They trust us to make sure they are not over paying tax and national insurance.

We now offer 3 different tax efficient products that can help you take home more. All 3 solutions provide protection from IR35.

Call now on 0800 433 7957 to get a free quote.
    Great New Joining Bonus

Up to the end of June we are offering an improved joining bonus of up to £3,000 (depending on the contractor's rate)

Interest Free Loans

Use interest free loans to reduce your tax bill.

Shares

Use Capital Gains tax to take home up to 85% while having everything taxed & declared on your tax return.

Self Employed

Get set up as self employed and avoid paying those nasty 13.8% employers national insurance fees and we will even do your tax return for a fee of £165.

Fantastic Referral scheme

We offer a generous referral scheme, so if you introduce a contracting friend or colleague to us and they join, we can provide you with a generous referral payment.

Want a PAYE payment service

Call us on 0800 433 7957 for details of our low cost routine PAYE payment service.

Get in touch

We would be delighted to answer any questions you may have, and want to help you make the most of your income.

What can we do to make you want to join us ? Let us know if there is something we can do or offer to make you want to join, and if it feasible we will do our best to meet your expectations.

Give us a call on 0800 433 7957 for more information or check out our website now.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    How do these guys still operate ?
    Because people must be still falling for it.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      And missing out on the 120% take home pay offered by Oude Joris Max 120.

Comment

email Spam is really cheap to do.
        Doesn't need many mugs to sign up to these to make it a viable business (if you can call it that).

EDIT: why not DSAR their ass just because?
        Last edited by Lance; 15 May 2020, 07:58.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I got a phone call yesterday, offering accountancy services for £60 a year! After I told him i was happy with my current account, he then told me I could take 90% of my rate, at which point i put the phone down

Comment

Originally posted by silent bob View Post
            I got a phone call yesterday, offering accountancy services for £60 a year! After I told him i was happy with my current account, he then told me I could take 90% of my rate, at which point i put the phone down
            You're missing out on the fun. I say I've got an offer of 92% and ask if they can beat it. The response is either that they can match / beat it, or ridicule that it's possible to achieve 92%.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
              Current taxation is ridiculous, so people feel desperate.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                Current taxation is ridiculous, so people feel desperate.
                Maybe you should have a fundraiser to set up a helpline for people in the top 2% of earners (>£85k approx.) of earners, who are desperate, and driven into the arms of disguised remuneration loan sharks by high taxation rates.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Maybe you should have a fundraiser to set up a helpline for people in the top 2% of earners (>£85k approx.) of earners, who are desperate, and driven into the arms of disguised remuneration loan sharks by high taxation rates.
                  Top 2% are not allowed to be desperate? Person at £85k is hardly rich and I've seen people earning this much and living from paycheck to paycheck. I am sure person on that salary could go into shared accommodation, rent a room, eat baked beans and go camping to Yorkshire on holiday once every five years and feel like Trump, but that is not the reality.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                    Top 2% are not allowed to be desperate? Person at £85k is hardly rich and I've seen people earning this much and living from paycheck to paycheck. I am sure person on that salary could go into shared accommodation, rent a room, eat baked beans and go camping to Yorkshire on holiday once every five years and feel like Trump, but that is not the reality.
                    Of course they're allowed to be desperate, if they're snowflakes.

Comment

Working...
                    X