• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lazy arse method of making bread (if you don't have a breadmaking machine)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    HWMBO or your bread ?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      looking beyond my hygiene issues, I bought 250 g of tinned dried yeast in Feb, there are 13 7g Sainsburys dried yeast packets in the larder I don't need.
      Ah! You you actually do have spare yeast.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Current market prices are 0.0043 grams of yeast for an infraction removal.

I'll chuck the stamp in for free.

Comment

Seitan

I've started making seitan, a month or so ago the only vital wheat gluten I could find was a 25KG sack which will last a while. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul...

It's not too bad as meat substitutes go, quite versatile with how it can be flavoured and the protein count is excellent. I mix the 'dough' with gram flour then boil it up in a flavoured broth for an hour and there's a week's worth of fake meat.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            I've started making seitan, a month or so ago the only vital wheat gluten I could find was a 25KG sack which will last a while. Looks like I'm in this for the long haul...

It's not too bad as meat substitutes go, quite versatile with how it can be flavoured and the protein count is excellent. I mix the 'dough' with gram flour then boil it up in a flavoured broth for an hour and there's a week's worth of fake meat.
            Throw in an Oxo cube and you’re sorted.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

Lockdown itself not grim enough for you?
              Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Throw in an Oxo cube and you’re sorted.
                Also Marmite is great for brining umami into pretty much anything.

Comment

This method also works with high hydration. So far I've gone up to 80% (250g flour, 200ml water) with 50/50 wholemeal/white. Using more water makes it quicker and easier to mix the dough.

At some point, I'll try pure wholemeal with up to 100% hydration.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Laziest arse method:

Bread and Eggs | Bread Delivery | Egg Delivery | Grocery Delivery Manchester | Creamline
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Had a fair bit of success with sourdough starters (after a few false starts as the house wasn't warm enough), once I cracked it I got bored as we don't eat a lot of bread in the house so a loaf every other day was wasteful

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X