• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Standing up for...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing up for...

Standing up for Scotland — Scottish National Party
    Sadiq Khan - Standing up for London
    Stand Up For Wales - YesCymru

Ergo, everyone thinks they are getting shafted by being in the UK.

Dunno. I believe in people having more control over their own areas, they have different needs. Democracy is meaningless unless devolved down as far as possible. Why I loathe the EU as it stands.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Dunno. I believe in people having more control over their own areas, they have different needs. Democracy is meaningless unless devolved down as far as possible. Why I loathe the EU as it stands.
      Oh, I completely agree.

But it doesn't work like that.

I picked this FMQ transcript at random...

Official Report - Parliamentary Business :

Scottish Parliament

Richard Leonard (Central Scotland) (Lab):
      Last week, I raised with the First Minister the crisis in Scotland’s general practitioner and primary care services. This week, Scotland’s largest health board, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde, suspended all out-of-hours GP services at five centres due to a shortage of doctors. Does the First Minister accept that she bears any responsibility or accountability for that?

The First Minister:
      A and E waiting times are improving; they remain the best in the whole of the United Kingdom and significantly better than in Wales

We have proof that that is not the case, because where Labour is in government—in Wales—the health service is performing significantly worse than it is in Scotland.

With regard to GPs, Labour is sensitive about its performance in Wales—and so it should be

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Quite fun the recent legal spat between Germany and ECJ. Germany is better at federalisation than the EU - its main court doesn't demand supremacy over the individual states' legal systems.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
        X