• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

70% off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    Guardian loves these percentage values. 70%, 30%, 50%, 25%...

Every time they write a percentage, they imagine that this is taken straight from the tired hands of a worker.

More money off the workers dirty hands, more money in the party, more fun for civil servants.
    So do the government:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      As predicted. But not on here, on my Facebook group.

June onwards will be carnage on the high street. And perfect for us Amazon sellers.

I am already on £42k worth of sales this month at 35% net profit. I've now hired three people to help out and it just keeps going up.
      Not that Amazon is the cheapest of course, it isn't. In fact far from it.

Stores are cheaper but nobody is going in, and so I now have people collecting products for me from multiple stores and brining them back to base to send to Amazon where the majority of people are buying them.

Lego £10 in Sainsbury, £40 on Amazon
      Table Tennis sets £6 in Tesco, £29.99 on Amazon
      Swingball sets £20 in Smyths Toys £90 on Amazon
      Dishwasher Tablets £3 in Tesco, £12.99 on Amazon
      Paint in Tesco £7.50, £25 on Amazon
      A well known kids came, £12.50 clearance in Tesco , £70 on Amazon.
      A US certal £2 in B&M , £7.99 on Amazon
      Solar Lights £8 in Home Bargains, £30 on Amazon.

Nobody is going out, and it doesn't matter what these stores do. Nobody is going to go out to them, they're going to opt for next day Prime Delivery. Supply and Demand.
      Oh dear -

“ One former Tory cabinet minister told the FT that he expected most — but not all — of the pandemic funding to be paid for by borrowing but predicted a windfall tax.

“I would expect a handful of tax rises when this is all over, including a windfall tax on the supermarkets and online retailers,” he said. “When you think about it there aren’t many areas that could sustain a rise in taxation but there will be a case for some of those retailers who have done well in recent months.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        DIRTY SPEKULANT, REPENT!

Do you know you've got to move with the times and take advantages where they exist.

On Sunday I noticed an item in Smyths Toys selling for £20 which was selling for £90 on Amazon. They had just re-opened and are doing Click and Collect Only.

Then I noticed another, and another (well I have software that helps)

So not being allowed to buy more than 3 of an item, or 1 super popular item, I and a few of my 'internet colleagues' used multiple accounts to buy up tulip loads of stock (at full price) using lots of small orders and in my case I employed a runner to drive around picking stuff up, where we resold it within minutes on Amazon.

So since Sunday morning to about three hours ago, we've made about £5 grand reselling SwingBalls and Paddling Pools with next day delivery from Smyths Toys Click and Collect service! Annoyingly they just noticed and banned us. It's amazing what bit of IT knowledge and data knowledge can bring you in this modern world ;-)
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

YOU DIRTY WEB SKRAPER AND ARBITRAGEUR, REPENT!

Last edited by AtW; 18 May 2020, 23:57.

Comment

Able to do it with Costco now. Only went in for some cheese

Went back two days later for something else and they'd limited the number of swimming pools to customers to just 1 per person.

Comment

Do you know you've got to move with the times and take advantages where they exist.

On Sunday I noticed an item in Smyths Toys selling for £20 which was selling for £90 on Amazon. They had just re-opened and are doing Click and Collect Only.

So not being allowed to buy more than 3 of an item, or 1 super popular item, I and a few of my 'internet colleagues' used multiple accounts to buy up tulip loads of stock (at full price) using lots of small orders and in my case I employed a runner to drive around picking stuff up, where we resold it within minutes on Amazon.

So since Sunday morning to about three hours ago, we've made about £5 grand reselling SwingBalls and Paddling Pools with next day delivery from Smyths Toys Click and Collect service! Annoyingly they just noticed and banned us. It's amazing what bit of IT knowledge and data knowledge can bring you in this modern world ;-)
              Well done. I liked your pavement chalk scheme as well. Any thoughts about home hairdressing kit, or is that over now? I'm an interested spectator, not a merchant BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Well done. I liked your pavement chalk scheme as well. Any thoughts about home hairdressing kit, or is that over now? I'm an interested spectator, not a merchant BTW.
                Yes, the gloves went well, then the chalk. Chalk cost £3000, sold for £27000! Amazon took £15000 of that as it was a low cost item and the fulfillment costs were high. On pools now.

Have already got something for home hairdressing though, I can sell you my home hairdressing kits for £49.99. Comes in a choice of pink or blue.

Comment

Working...
                X