• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coding that led to lockdown was 'totally unreliable' and a 'buggy mess', say experts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    I thought scientists these days start off with the results and then work their way backwards to find right participants and conditions that will meet ordered outcome.

Scientists today have the same problem as medieval painters used to have - they need to paint the picture that makes the client happy, there is no place for ugly truth.
    Inneresting...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Almost half of our deaths are via care homes. Care homes 'locked down' before the rest of the country. The virus was introduced to care homes by sending back infected patients from hospital, to clear beds.

Had we protected care homes from the start we'd almost certainly have a lot less deaths than currently.

HTH
      Call it as you may, it is still the highest number and there is still doubt the number is accurate.

They knew probably months in advance from the network of secret services spread around the globe. Known the truth from advisors and doctors about what it will cause but still imposed the lockdown too late.
      2-3w after the hell broke loose in Italy late...
      And that is because “herd immunity” was and still is the default strategy.
      They will sacrifice a few people so that the current status quo stays.
      What disturbs me most is how far they are taking it and still people don’t bat an eye. Some of them even agree with them.
      That my friend is world class brain washing.

Comment

That was more like "okay guys, how are we going to keep our donors happy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Scientific programming is always crap. Write your program, solve your problem, throw the program away.

That's why Fortran was such a boon to scientists when invented.(According to the comments on the current article in The Register about ALGOL 60).
          I had the pleasure of working with a scientist and re-writing his code so the programming team could maintain it. It calculated values that would be used to certify products as having certain properties depending on material, composition, gases etc.

It became clear that his programming was terrible and that he constantly made manual adjustments to the results. He went out of his way to babble with me science and to stop me re-writing it. When it became clear that I wasn't giving up, he went off with stress for 3 months. Which really cancelled the project.

His certifications for the products where really worthless. You think us programmers get away with murder, well scientist are defo up there with us.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
            Call it as you may, it is still the highest number and there is still doubt the number is accurate.

They knew probably months in advance from the network of secret services spread around the globe. Known the truth from advisors and doctors about what it will cause but still imposed the lockdown too late.
            2-3w after the hell broke loose in Italy late...
            What disturbs me most is how far they are taking it and still people don’t bat an eye. Some of them even agree with them.
            The NHS line was "2 metres for 15 minutes" to get infected. I stand by my appraisal of the situation on the 10th of March.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2741262

Comment

That wasn't me 'calling' anything - that was me stating known facts. That the facts don't meet your narrative or panic induced state is your problem fella.

"Probably"?? So, you're making it up then to meet your narrative?

That's because, as we are today, this is the only viable potential way forward. There is no vaccine for any other coronavirus and hence based on history, there will be no vaccine to this virus in the near future (if ever).

It's not about sacrificing people, it's about trying to protect the most vulnerable whilst not destroying society. Importing infected old people back into care homes is partly why were are where we are today, not because we locked down 3 weeks too late.

Brain washing is people like you believing everything they read online and choosing not looking at the facts. Media pressure pushed the government to start up the Nightingale hospitals when our NHS ICU units were not anywhere near capacity (and never have been) - that money would have been better spent protecting care homes, but that wasn't the media narrative at the time.

Mistakes certainly have been made and we're all experts in hindsight, but as I keep saying, bringing the lockdown forward by 2-3 weeks would have made little difference due to how care homes were treated.

Now, go get your comfort blanket, have a hot chocolate and curl up in front of the fire watching a good chick-flick movie
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The taxi driver who picked me up at Glasgow airport reckons the Asian community in Glasgow knew something was up in November/December. He saw groups of them clearing out Boots and SuperDrug etc of hand sanitizer.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  The taxi driver who picked me up at Glasgow airport reckons the Asian community in Glasgow knew something was up in November/December. He saw groups of them clearing out Boots and SuperDrug etc of hand sanitizer.
                  He's talking bollox. He's a cab driver, probably says all you need to know
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    That wasn't me 'calling' anything - that was me stating known facts. That the facts don't meet your narrative or panic induced state is your problem fella.

"Probably"?? So, you're making it up then to meet your narrative?

That's because, as we are today, this is the only viable potential way forward. There is no vaccine for any other coronavirus and hence based on history, there will be no vaccine to this virus in the near future (if ever).

It's not about sacrificing people, it's about trying to protect the most vulnerable whilst not destroying society. Importing infected old people back into care homes is partly why were are where we are today, not because we locked down 3 weeks too late.

Brain washing is people like you believing everything they read online and choosing not looking at the facts. Media pressure pushed the government to start up the Nightingale hospitals when our NHS ICU units were not anywhere near capacity (and never have been) - that money would have been better spent protecting care homes, but that wasn't the media narrative at the time.

Mistakes certainly have been made and we're all experts in hindsight, but as I keep saying, bringing the lockdown forward by 2-3 weeks would have made little difference due to how care homes were treated.

Now, go get your comfort blanket, have a hot chocolate and curl up in front of the fire watching a good chick-flick movie
                    I won't waste my time getting into detail but: Secret services definitely knew when it happened. This is how it works, all countries have vast networks of people with the sole purpose of getting information before it goes out.

My take is that the establishment simply does not care about you, these measures so far have been in place just to give the impression of "taking action" the call to get back to normal will come soon irrespective of the consequences. Even the IT people or engineering or everyone that could have worked just as well from home. Because modern workforce it is not only about productivity and doing the rational thing... it is also about keeping population under control. Suppressing anyone that might pose a risk to the "status quo".
                    So basically few more will dye, you'll be sent to the office during periods of high stress just because the establishment does not want you to get used to more freedom.
                    It will become clear over few weeks, when the hush hushed call to get back to the office from managers will arise. They will have to develop wise plots to give the impression that "caring workers" decided to come on their own.
                    If you don't want to have here the brainwashed America and have your kids over the head in debt doing meaningless work in the corporate chain so that they can afford to survive, I would think differently.

Comment

I won't waste my time getting into detail but: Secret services definitely knew when it happened. This is how it works, all countries have vast networks of people with the sole purpose of getting information before it goes out.

My take is that the establishment simply does not care about you, these measures so far have been in place just to give the impression of "taking action" the call to get back to normal will come soon irrespective of the consequences. Even the IT people or engineering or everyone that could have worked just as well from home. Because modern workforce it is not only about productivity and doing the rational thing... it is also about keeping population under control. Suppressing anyone that might pose a risk to the "status quo".
                      So basically few more will dye, you'll be sent to the office during periods of high stress just because the establishment does not want you to get used to more freedom.
                      It will become clear over few weeks, when the hush hushed call to get back to the office from managers will arise. They will have to develop wise plots to give the impression that "caring workers" decided to come on their own.
                      If you don't want to have here the brainwashed America and have your kids over the head in debt doing meaningless work in the corporate chain so that they can afford to survive, I would think differently.

Comment

Working...
                      X