• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quad bikes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quad bikes

Does anyone know much about these?

Options appear to be new Quadzilla @ c3.2k, new Honda @ 10k, or ancient Honda at 2k.

Now I am going to assume the the Quadzilla's are Chinese tulip, but with front & rear towbars + a winch installed I am leaning towards them, as all I need to do is tow the garbage bins on a trailer to the main road 1.5 miles away + a little boat down to the river.

With a 3 year warranty on the Quadzilla's, I am struggling to justify the outlay on the Honda & depreciation over the three year warranty period of the Quadzilla.

I was thinking of throwing a tow bar on the Mini Cooper Convertible I bought on eBay for 139 quid, but I have fallen in love with the thing. Ansolute hoot on country roads 30 mph feels like warp speed.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Does anyone know much about these?

Options appear to be new Quadzilla @ c3.2k, new Honda @ 10k, or ancient Honda at 2k.

Now I am going to assume the the Quadzilla's are Chinese tulip, but with front & rear towbars + a winch installed I am leaning towards them, as all I need to do is tow the garbage bins on a trailer to the main road 1.5 miles away + a little boat down to the river.

With a 3 year warranty on the Quadzilla's, I am struggling to justify the outlay on the Honda & depreciation over the three year warranty period of the Quadzilla.

I was thinking of throwing a tow bar on the Mini Cooper Convertible I bought on eBay for 139 quid, but I have fallen in love with the thing. Ansolute hoot on country roads 30 mph feels like warp speed.
    Some "Chinese tulip" are sometimes much better than the big name stuff. I might be able to beat the £3.2k but it will be a Chinese import. I have seen some quad bikes on the database from time to time. How quick do you need it? Let me if you know if you want me to have a quick hunt. There are issues getting stuff out of China by ship, but things are slowly (slower than a civil servant taking a dump, slow) returning to "normal"*.

*Depends on a combo of product, producer, region of production, ship & shipper, destinations etc
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

If you buy the Chinese crap you deserve the thing to topple onto you.

Comment

if money is a concern get something second hand off ebay.
        You won’t be worried if you give it some beating.
        Also, look it up for each model, they may have scooter/motorbike engines, see how much is to replace one and how easily it can be found.

Don’t count on warranty especially if you plan on doing things to it...

Comment

Working...
        X