• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's going on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's going on here?

NatWest customers had accounts suddenly shut | Daily Mail Online

More and more people being contacted to say their bank accounts are closed/frozen, no warning, no explanation...

If any of you are with NatWest, you might want to switch banks.

Comment

There's been a lot of AML stuff bubbling away for a few years now. Quite a lot of people and companies seem to be affected and the banks don't have to say why they are withdrawing banking facilities.

Comment

Presumably the reason is that with interest rates being so low, these accounts are no longer profitable for them.

Comment

Bit worrying as I'm with Natwest.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

RBS group and the way it treats customers.

RBS has been at this sort of shizzle for years. Does anyone remember the despotic GRG and West Register? Does anyone remember the damage they did?

RBS dosen't care one jot about any customer.

If they cannot squeeze the customer they don't care. Get rid of the customer.
            I do feel sorry in a way for customers affected but on the other hand these customers really should have gone to a better bank in the first place.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Should be illegal for bank to close or refuse to open bank account without court order - give zero credit, but debit card and 0 overdraft should not be refuseable.

btw, NatWest denied us merchant account early a decade ago - when plenty of trading history was available and we had LTSB merchant too (it worked badly so were looking for a move)

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                RBS group and the way it treats customers.

RBS has been at this sort of shizzle for years. Does anyone remember the despotic GRG and West Register? Does anyone remember the damage they did?

RBS dosen't care one jot about any customer.

If they cannot squeeze the customer they don't care. Get rid of the customer.
                I do feel sorry in a way for customers affected but on the other hand these customers really should have gone to a better bank in the first place.
                What's absolutely hilarious too is that one of their core company values is 'do the right thing' [emoji23]
                If you don't have anything nice to say, say it sarcastically

Comment

Originally posted by KinooOrKinog View Post
                  What's absolutely hilarious too is that one of their core company values is 'do the right thing' [emoji23]
                  They always do the right thing - for them.

Comment

What irritates me is all the bloody bank adverts on TV with poems and stuff. All "we are you friends, big hugs".

Utter b£$%^ks.

Comment

Working...
                    X