• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed..... For being Lazy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    A few years ago I tried to open an account with them and was literally interrogated by this Gestapo style woman, who sat there scowling at my passport as I tried to justify my apparently highly suspicious decision!
    You should have offered to 'not apply', but only if they give you £4,000 for not doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      Seems this country is rewarding laziness these days.

I've been too lazy to switch from RBS for a number of years now - despite a horrific service and terrible banking system. I kept getting these letters in the post promising £1,000 to switch to a competing bank. I was baffled and just ignored it. Then it started to creep up, first to £1,500 then £2,000 then £3,000. I was still too lazy as I thought it's too much effort for the butler. Eventually it got to £4,000 and I'd had enough of RBS as well as Corona kicking in..... Then I switched to Starling.

Great business bank, great app, a joy to use and £4,000 on top. If that isn't a boom then I don't know what is frankly.....

Today I got offered £4,200 to switch to Clydesdale.

It's being processed now.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
      X