• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed..... For being Lazy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed..... For being Lazy

Seems this country is rewarding laziness these days.

I've been too lazy to switch from RBS for a number of years now - despite a horrific service and terrible banking system. I kept getting these letters in the post promising £1,000 to switch to a competing bank. I was baffled and just ignored it. Then it started to creep up, first to £1,500 then £2,000 then £3,000. I was still too lazy as I thought it's too much effort for the butler. Eventually it got to £4,000 and I'd had enough of RBS as well as Corona kicking in..... Then I switched to Starling.

Great business bank, great app, a joy to use and £4,000 on top. If that isn't a boom then I don't know what is frankly.....

I was initially given 3k for moving away, however upon checking my statement last month, there was another 1k from RBS.

Hadn't a clue about this as I'd moved from them a year ago.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Let me get this right.. RBS paid you for taking your business elsewhere??

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Correct. And the elsewhere is miles better as well, not even on the same planet.

Comment

Discussed here originally.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
            Correct. And the elsewhere is miles better as well, not even on the same planet.

So looking at their website, they're still accepting new customers.. can't be shutting the corporate banking arm then.

..so what gives?

Comment

So looking at their website, they're still accepting new customers.. can't be shutting the corporate banking arm then.

..so what gives?
              See link I posted, I think you had be to be one of the customers that were supposed to move to Williams & Glyn (at least I was).

Then when that was panned they needed us off the books.

Edit, open up a new company account then demand some money from them.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Ahh.. so they're heavy and have too many accounts.

I guess I could move to them, and sit around for a while waiting for a leaving bonus too

Comment

RBS must really hate their horrible tiresome customers with a passion!

A few years ago I tried to open an account with them and was literally interrogated by this Gestapo style woman, who sat there scowling at my passport as I tried to justify my apparently highly suspicious decision!

In the end I left and opened an account with Metro Bank. (Never used it since, although I do receive occasional statements from them.)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                    GoT called it. He should now do a Pooperscot and remind us of this fact for the next decade
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X