• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

9 million Easyjet customer details hacked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9 million Easyjet customer details hacked

I know this is a Contractor forum, so most of you won't be affected.

EasyJet: Nine million customers' details 'accessed' by hackers | Business News | Sky News

Sadly I might be, we have used them a couple of times in the last 2 or 3 years.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Never used them, or that Irish twat airline, and never will.

Comment

Love this bit "EasyJet has revealed that the personal details of nine million customers have been accessed by "highly sophisticated" hackers." Yeah - never "accessed by a bunch of script kiddies, as we've employed numpties to do our IT".

I use whatever airline has flights to the right place at the time I want. I've often flown with EasyJet and if the flight isn't cancelled , it's always been fine.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        I use whatever airline has flights to the right place at the time I want. I've often flown with EasyJet and if the flight isn't cancelled , it's always been fine.
        No problems with them either and I very rarely pick a destination or a time based on the carrier unless the flexibility makes no difference to my trip.

I have to say if I can chose though, I'll avoid Ryanair if at all possible. Their rules aren't that much different from other low budget airlines but I can definitely say I've seen a lot more hassle on Ryanair flights over baggage and the like than I have on all the others put together. Maybe they just police it a little more aggressively or something but it's just left a bad taste when it comes to them.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can’t protect this data from state actors - only way is to minimise collection and purge after the flights - but of course Govt requires retention for a long time.

Comment

I am sure my details are on there.

If the ICO decide to fine them based on turnover at the moment this is likely to be a very small fine!

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              I am sure my details are on there.

If the ICO decide to fine them based on turnover at the moment this is likely to be a very small fine!
              It was very large for BA - they will nit use last few months of turnover

Comment

I guess you'll be able to find out if you've been had on the Have I been Pwned website soon.
                Attention Required! | Cloudflare

The easyjet one is small potatoes compared to some of the biggest one's they've found.
                Last edited by northernladuk; 19 May 2020, 14:59.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My details are probably on that list.
                  I used to use them for flights to eastern European hotspots where my clients were hothousing teams of dev's and where BA were simply uneconomic or just didn't bother flying to.
                  Remember in terms of punctuality they are better than BA!
                  I have registered a complaint with Easyjet and the ICO
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    I know this is a Contractor forum, so most of you won't be affected.

EasyJet: Nine million customers' details 'accessed' by hackers | Business News | Sky News

Sadly I might be, we have used them a couple of times in the last 2 or 3 years.
                    Nothing wrong with using easyjet. A lot of destinations only have easy jet and to be honest their seats are more comfortable than a lot of the “premium” airlines.

Comment

Working...
                    X