• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipse have a new supreme leader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG* became IPSE became government advisor, to be slightly more precise. Although that doesn't mean that the government is listening to them - or anyone else, come to that. IPSE's remit now is far wider than the original membership, which I am also not convinced is a step forward in terms of its original intentions. For one thing it means the means to attack things like IR35 has been relegated to merely one of a mixture of other worthy but widely distributed causes.

*PCG was always a money-making opportunity. Look at its early history and why the original team was thrown out in 2003.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      PCG* became IPSE became government advisor, to be slightly more precise. Although that doesn't mean that the government is listening to them - or anyone else, come to that. IPSE's remit now is far wider than the original membership, which I am also not convinced is a step forward in terms of its original intentions. For one thing it means the means to attack things like IR35 has been relegated to merely one of a mixture of other worthy but widely distributed causes.

*PCG was always a money-making opportunity. Look at its early history and why the original team was thrown out in 2003.
      A money making opportunity that appears to have lost a lot of cash over the years!
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        A money making opportunity that appears to have lost a lot of cash over the years!
        One man's loss is another man's gain...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          One man's loss is another man's gain...
          This might be true
          They dont have long left on current running. CAB reduced by approx £500k in last FY.
          I give it three years tops
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Over recent years. Roughly when the CC and the BoD went their separate ways...

Of course, they do have other reserves. Let's hope they are still there.
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              Over recent years. Roughly when the CC and the BoD went their separate ways...

Of course, they do have other reserves. Let's hope they are still there.
              Doubt it.
              See companies house filed accounts Cash at bank figure.
              Former IPSE member
              My Website

Comment

Cash at Bank isn't the number. It's the Net Asset Value. Subtract from that the value of the Fixed Assets (which are worthless) and the Amounts owed by IPSE US and you'll see the true net value.
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Seems to me IPSE's role is to talk to HMG and HMR&C like this.

IPSE: "Don't forget about the knowledge based, freelance, flexible, medium to high income, consultant/gig based workforce!"

HMG/HMR&C "Ooo, thanks for reminding us, we nearly forget about increasing the punitive tax regime again on that segment! Cheers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    Cash at Bank isn't the number. It's the Net Asset Value. Subtract from that the value of the Fixed Assets (which are worthless) and the Amounts owed by IPSE US and you'll see the true net value.
                    Yep but the CAB figure is an indication of how long they can pay the bills for.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Yep but the CAB figure is an indication of how long they can pay the bills for.
                      Nope.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X