• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipse have a new supreme leader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if we're into the arcana of accounting, have you allowed for the non-refundable membership income figures which have to show as a debt in the accounts even though they are not one in reality?
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Easy solution: membership for life - only way to cancel is to die...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Easy solution: membership for life - only way to cancel is to die...
        That's pretty much what trying to cancel feels like

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          In Soviet Union Ipse cancels you.

Comment

LOL!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

James finally hand to end his time as Chair and his role was taken over by someone who didn't like the CC.

TPTB didn't like the monthly ski slope graph of ever declining membership numbers produced by a member of the CC. Except it wasn't a ski slope as the one Eddie the Eagle hurtled down at least had an uptick at the bottom.

The CC was abolished in January 2019 and replaced by a Members' Forum that doesn't get to ask the difficult questions the CC asked. Prior to that an NDA was introduced and PCG became IPSE. IPSE UK then decided to invest money in an US enterprise, IPSE US that hasn't been heard of since.

Simon McVicker is now part of Home - BackinBusiness (the Andrew Chamberlain on the panel being the one who recommended the abolishment of the CC)
              I assume the strategy to grow and diversify the membership was not a great success?

Comment

Originally posted by ArgieBee View Post
                I assume the strategy to grow and diversify the membership was not a great success?
                It's been brilliant. Wide as an ocean, deep as a teaspoon.

Comment

It's been brilliant. Wide as an ocean, deep as a teaspoon.
                  Now, now. Don't be cruel. An artisan cheese maker here, an astronaut there and some single mothers doing questionable MLM schemes is a wondrous achievement!
                  Former IPSE member
                  My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
                    Now, now. Don't be cruel. An artisan cheese maker here, an astronaut there and some single mothers doing questionable MLM schemes is a wondrous achievement!
                    Bohemian finger painters. Don't forget the bohemian finger painters.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Bohemian finger painters. Don't forget the bohemian finger painters.
                      I wouldn't dare!
                      Theres the odd snake oil salesman too!
                      Former IPSE member
                      My Website

Comment

Working...
                      X