• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ipse have a new supreme leader

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArgieBee View Post
    Yes, and that was the utterly amateurish quality of the directors and the management consultant they got in 8 years ago that set off the "existing membership bad"/"imaginary future membership good" strategy that gripped the PCG (bad/pointless/poisoned brand) and led to IPSE, and the destruction of the cash and value that was built on the back of Arctic etc.

Its only an opinion and I'm probably wrong, but its fun to speculate
    Nah probably right.
    you see an organisation like that needs members - lots and lots to be effective
    Membership as it was/still possibly is should not exactly be that difficult a sell. Ass it is a graph of member numbers resembled where I liked to go on my christmas holidays when I was in better health. (Ski slopes).
    Too many people who didn't/don't know how to sell.
    Badly drawn nipples don't sell things!
    Strategy?? Got to love it! Smash and Grab the members keep them happy and sell more. Not difficult my goldfish could do it.
    Spending money on a fancy strategy for that is a bit like spending money on an image consultant for Boris Johnson!
    FY end 2019 shows from memory £2.3 Mil Cash At Bank. Lets see how long it is before they go through all of that.
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

Comment

Another One Bites the Dust...

Annette makes history, too...

IPSE Board of Directors | IPSE
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Oh well, that should save a bit of cash.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          Another One Bites the Dust...

Annette makes history, too...

IPSE Board of Directors | IPSE
          Interesting....
          Former IPSE member
          My Website

Comment

Annette's time was up anyway. The iNeds only serve a fixed term

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Annette's time was up anyway. The iNeds only serve a fixed term
              Baynham was also appointed 17th July 2015 with Nabavi. So will that be the end of the NEDs tomorrow?

Did they do anything useful? (or is that an oxymoron?)

Comment

We'll never know.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  We'll never know.
                  Ms Clarke is a non-elected director too?
                  It may have changed over the last 6 years, but wasn't there a rule that there could not be more non-elected than elected directors?
                  So the departure of Ms Nabavi may have been necessary after the departure of Ms Morgan?

P.S. still catching up on 6 years of history
                  Mr Searle was TheFaQQer? and was part of the CUK candidates elected to the CC in 2015?

Comment

Baynham was also appointed 17th July 2015 with Nabavi. So will that be the end of the NEDs tomorrow?

They were appointed at the same time, but Annette's term was a year shorter than Peter's to ensure that their term ends were staggered, so Peter's got a year left.

The board that worked with them felt their contributions to be very useful and had a lot of respect for them.

It may have changed over the last 6 years, but wasn't there a rule that there could not be more non-elected than elected directors?
                    So the departure of Ms Nabavi may have been necessary after the departure of Ms Morgan?
                    Mandy is an elected director. The CC re-elected her shortly before they were disbanded. She was IIRC the first placed candidate. There are still more elected directors (3) than appointed (1). The interim CEO is not a director as he's temporary (despite what the linked page says)

P.S. still catching up on 6 years of history
                    Mr Searle was TheFaQQer? and was part of the CUK candidates elected to the CC in 2015?
                    That's the one.

Comment

The elected directors could always out vote the appointed directors (incl. non-exec directors) as the relative weighting at any vote was 70/30; even with only one elected director present at the vote*.

* The sort of stain left by knowing this information never really washes off.
                      Last edited by wattaj; 16 July 2020, 19:28. Reason: Speilling
                      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                      X